Playstation 4

hogso

I think I might put my imminent One4All vouchers towards a PS4 when it comes out. Be bleeding edge for once in my life :)

• 2 months later...

They've released a hardware teaser trailer today. You get to see that it's black, has some edges, and has some holes in it, which must be for air or summat. There is also a pic doing the rounds of what the thing is supposed to look like whole. It's got a bigger grill than a Bentley.

If anyone read a copy of The Metro this morning, they may have spotted the PS4 ad in them - which says 'Coming 2013'. This could change, of course, but it does suggest an end of year, possibly simultaneous worldwide release, which is at odds with previous rumours of a Q1 2014 release for Europe, after JP and US.

Edited by hogso

Right, throw it at me:

Does PS4 have a similar 'need to be on at least once a day' addition to it?

Can I play preowned games on it?

Is it backward compatible

Cheers guys.

No.

Yes, but they're leaving the fee decision up to the publisher. Might be similar to how how they make you buy an online pass for a used game to play online.

No.

We still don't know exactly what is going on with backwards compatability - there's some sort of cloud system, where it's presumed that we will put in our PS3 discs, and play the game via the cloud. It's been suggested there won't be a charge for this, seeing as you have the game already, but the similar idea of having PS1 and PS2 classics on PS3 PSN didn't do that, you had to pay for the game again ofc. If is is free, and is via a reliable cloud system, then it sounds **** terrific to me. I'm sure they mentioned that the cloud will have everything, aswell.

I'm sure an exec has come out and said it won't be always online. I'd find some quotes for you DK, but, well, I can't be arsed ^_^

Edited by hogso

My understanding is that old games will be available via the cloud system, but you'll have to pay for it like they do with PS2 titles now.

They're pretty cheap, but it sucks that you'll have to buy them again if you already have it.

all i saw on trophies was a rumour on communial ones that you contribute to (such as say 1m CoD kills in a day) and ones that are time activated etc online such as playing on xmas day

would be good if they were flexible

Good question. I would hope so too, and seeing as PS3 games are going to be integrated via the cloud (hopefully), you'd think so.

To anyone who has one, how does it work with Vita? They have trophies, right? But do you have a seperate profile, and therefore seperate trophies, for each?

I would think your PSN profile will transfer over to the PS4. If anyone remembers the the demo at the PS4 conference, when they were showing the UI, they had the player's details and the trophies earned, trophy level, etc.

I'd be very surprised if the PS3 / Vita trophy info didn't carry over.

Â