Playstation 4

hogso

I imagine it would be used as like a map/inventory screen or something.

I can see how it oculd be used in some games (first thing that springs to mind is Zelda (I realise that's not PS3 but that SORT of game) where you can select stuff in your inventory without having to pause the game and scroll through it all)

The problem I woudl imagine is it'll get implemented in everything, whether it's practical or not

Oh, I know how it would be used, it's just that that application would be of no use to me whatsoever, of that I am almost certain. I don't want to look down at my inventory or map on the controller, just leave that shit on the main screen, man.

Here's an alleged leaked image of a prototype for it anyways;

caca-620x.jpg

It's the Dualshock 4 tbf

Nor I, I just can't see any practical applications in the kind of games i like most.

it'll potentially allow developers to map extra buttons there. In FIFA, for example, you might be able to store a number of tactics there, and touch whichever one you want when you want to use it. It's not revolutionary or even original, but it might come in handy depending on how it's implemented

Nor I, I just can't see any practical applications in the kind of games i like most.

it'll potentially allow developers to map extra buttons there. In FIFA, for example, you might be able to store a number of tactics there, and touch whichever one you want when you want to use it. It's not revolutionary or even original, but it might come in handy depending on how it's implemented

Exactly what I was getting at, as I don't play FIFA :P

Exactly what I was getting at, as I don't play FIFA :P

that was just an example :P

i can't think of a single game or genre where it wouldn't be useful tbh

rumour yesterday that it wont be backwards compatible but will use the gaikai technology sony bought last year meaning you can stream ps3 (and hopefully ps1/2) games, if they can do them cheap and do more games than PSN currently manages that could be awesome

I guess I would say I am moderately excited. Like, I do have a bone on, but haven't felt it necessary to toss it off.

The Times has reported today that the UK launch price will be £300, and go to some length to state that this is not merely a conversion of the expected Japanese launch price in Yen. It's just an educated guess, but if it's right, I'd be happy. Don't know if I'd get one at launch, in fact, almost certainly wouldn't, but still.

Like, I do have a bone on, but haven't felt it necessary to toss it off.

I think I just found the most monopolistic gif on the net. While searching for a funny 'How Rude' gif to respond to your post with, the image search for 'how rude' brought back an inordinate amount of the same pic.

2 versions will be launched in November. First one is $429, second one is $529. No clue what the hardware differences will be, but I'm assuming the $529 one has a much bigger hard drive, some more ports, and possibly comes with a 12 month PS+ sub

Expect to pay £400 over there

Edited by P3te

I wouldn't mind paying £350 for it.. But I think I'll do the same as what I did in this generation - let it get released in November and buy one for my birthday in April, where there's a good few titles, and a couple of decent bundles for around that £350 mark, with a couple of good games etc. 

2 versions will be launched in November. First one is $429, second one is $529. No clue what the hardware differences will be, but I'm assuming the $529 one has a much bigger hard drive, some more ports, and possibly comes with a 12 month PS+ sub

Expect to pay £400 over there

Any best guesses for the UK release date PETE? Do you think it'll be a worldwide simultaneous job, or, as rumours suggest, a later EU release? Say New Year 2014, for example?

Â