Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Hope that Vlaar's back for this one. His experience and leadership, not to mention ability, is very important for us.

If we play as we did against Man United, Man City (until their heads dropped, understandably) and Arsenal, then we should be able to get a good result here. However, this is Villa so we can never expect to win and I certainly wouldn't want our lot to underestimate Reading. I also hope that the fans at Villa Park stay behind the team if we do happen to get into some trouble, which may be possible with a young, Vlaar-less defence.

That said, we really should be looking at the three points here now, and kicking on from there. We have a great chance to drag ourselves out of the relegation zone in the next few games, which would be brilliant before playing Norwich in the League Cup. We could be seeing ourselves in a much improved situation by Christmas, and I believe that our players have the ability to make it happen.

UTV!

• Like 1

That's a blow as Roberts can be a physical handful

On the attendance I think about 30,100

The thing about it is, I remember a load of fans last season saying 'I won't go down while McLeish is in charge', yet I haven't really noticed much improvement in the attendances this season.

Readings defending this season has been worse than ours and ours has been silly at times, if bent isn't involved and reading are winning and I can here the daren daren bent chants starting. Oh and brian mcdermot looks like a circumcised bell end.

The thing about it is, I remember a load of fans last season saying 'I won't go down while McLeish is in charge', yet I haven't really noticed much improvement in the attendances this season.

Once a fan decides not to go, it can take years to entice them back

1 win in 9 games is hardly enough to tempt people back, especially on a wet November night when it's on the telly

Karacan is a good player, guthrie is good but apparently isnt in the team after a fall out with manager, progregniak hasn't had the impact he had at Fulham and jimmy kebe is someone id have at villa, other than that there similer to us, a team without any massive names but with hardworking players going for it. As i said they do look very suspect at the back though

There hasn't been much of an improvement in the results either though, has there? Two home wins in a year... I was going to come down from Manchester tomorrow night but I just can't justify the expense, especially when it's on in my living room. I'm looking at the best part of £100 and, hopefully I'm wrong, but there's no guarantees we'll even score.

There hasn't been much of an improvement in the results either though, has there? Two home wins in a year... I was going to come down from Manchester tomorrow night but I just can't justify the expense, especially when it's on in my living room. I'm looking at the best part of £100 and, hopefully I'm wrong, but there's no guarantees we'll even score.

Nope, the results have been worse. My issue is though that there were fans who specifically made a point of it being McLeish who was stopping them going, which clearly isn't the case.

If I had to do your journey to get to home games I wouldn't bother either at the moment mind.