West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Can’t see Steve Bull ever playing for Baggies to be honest. 

Steve Bull did play for Olbiyun. Two goals in 4 games.

Then they must have thought "nah, he'll never make it".

spacer.png

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Just watched Smith's post match interview.

With all the ads for home improvement and home tools in the background, it would lead one to think that West Brom is a bit of a fixer upper.

The fact that they have "Ideal" on their shirts should be reported to trading standards!

You also have to feel for the poor bastard that has to wear that mascot costume!

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Strong rumours that he wants to sign Andy Carroll (30 starts, 0 goals). 

Predictable. He needs a player like that to make the system work.

You could hear him and Sammy Lee the other day shouting to the defenders "clear your lines". That's the sum of his coaching ability. He can't trust his defenders or his midfielders when they have the ball. Stick it in the air where it can't hurt us and get a big lad in to hold the ball up. Play for a set piece and load the box with the biggest men you can find. I would bet pretty much all of the training he's doing this week is on defence shape/organisation and attacking set piece's.

On 21/12/2020 at 18:10, villa89 said:

spacer.png

Big sam will get this lad playing up front and they'll be fine. 

Every possibility he could go on a hot streak.  Their fans are warming to it apparently. 

BBC has it as 451 with Robinson in midfield, but I presume he'll be further forward and it will be more like 442. Sawyers as the DM and in a two man midfield doesn't seem like the best of ideas to me, especially against Liverpool's pressing midfield.

I think Allardyce will improve them in terms of getting more points but despite that and despite that they've been playing better against the division's better sides, I think Liverpool will score at least ten goals today.

• Like 1

Not sure what they’re hoping to achieve here against Liverpool.

Okay sure, sit in and look to counter when possible, makes total sense but what makes no sense is they appear to have no one up front, there is no out ball it’s just being hoofed back to the Liverpool defence. 

Â