West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Are dressing room punch ups the new fad?

Apparently so. Its a shame the managers headbutting players thing didn't quite take off.  Alan Pardew tried it in a sort of pilot scheme but it wasn't that well received. Oh well, dressing punch ups it is!  :angry:

Presumably Morrison was pissed off with Berahino for not going into the corner flag with the ball when they were 3-2 up?

Presumably so, but no matter how daft the lad was, it doesn't warrant lamping him. Apparently the club are 'conducting an investigation', which seems like another Anelka disaster brewing. It's remarkable that the immediate decision hasn't been 'suspend Morrison without pay'. How hard is the situation to parse? Guess the problem is that the manager has little control over, or respect from, the players, and there's a coterie of long-serving players who are basically dressing-room untouchables, but this seems like an absolutely calamitous situation. Odds massively shortening on their relegation after this week. 

Given what an unmitagated shambles their season has been, it is a minor miracle that they aren't in the relegation-zone already but you'd think that such horrendous form, if continued, will catch up on them before the season is up. One of the teams below them should at least be able to pick up a couple of results that would in all likihood see them overtake Albion who I genuinely would be surprised to see win another game.

Edited by Isa

Presumably Morrison was pissed off with Berahino for not going into the corner flag with the ball when they were 3-2 up?

Presumably so, but no matter how daft the lad was, it doesn't warrant lamping him.

Well obviously.

Not that I'm not enjoying the implosion at West Brom though.

Edited by Mantis

Apparently so. Its a shame the managers headbutting players thing didn't quite take off.  Alan Pardew tried it in a sort of pilot scheme but it wasn't that well received. Oh well, dressing punch ups it is!  :angry:

Don't give Pardew the credit, Pulis was the real pioneer. He was naked headbutting people before Pardew was even shoving match officials. He (Pardew) had already coined the term "absolute rape" for a strong tackle though.

Edited by ArteSuave

It always amazes me when players on the same side assault each other they do not instantly get suspended while the incident is investigated. What other profession could you get away with attacking a colleague and not be sacked?

I may be in a minority on here but I hope WBA do not go down as I would not like to miss the atmosphere of derby games with them. City are a different proposition and the further from the PL the better.    

Tony Pulis says hi, he wins this following his naked dressing room headbutt on one of his own players. :D

Tony Pulis says hi, he wins this following his naked dressing room headbutt on one of his own players. :D

Three posts above. Sorry ArtSuave, I cant advise you what to do with your new found invisibility!  ;)

I'm sure players punching each other in the dressing room has been going on for years. Only recently does stuff like this come out into the public domain.

As others have said, I wouldn't mind Berahinio at Villa. Although wasn't be nailing the same chick as a Villa player recently?

I'm sure players punching each other in the dressing room has been going on for years. Only recently does stuff like this come out into the public domain.

As others have said, I wouldn't mind Berahinio at Villa. Although wasn't be nailing the same chick as a Villa player recently?

Isn't that also pretty normal for footballers? 

Isn't that also pretty normal for footballers? 

True!

Mind you, after reading about the lady in question, she appears to be after as much cock as possible

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/366758/She-just-can-t-stop-scoring-Eglantine-Flore-Aguilar-to-bed-an-entire-Premier-League-team

Â