West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

I quite like Mel actually, he seems a decent bloke and fair play for generally speaking English in his interviews after only a few weeks here.

The problem here is just parachuting a foreign manager in mid season, I know it worked with Southampton last season but generally it makes more sense to wait until the summer and then do it in pre season.

He kept them up pretty comfortably.

It's similar to Fulham and McGath, really should've come in November and had more time.

McGath at Fulham I just dont understand. If his reported training policy is correct (intensive training) this will surely have a negative impact at this point in the season. Getting tired players to train harder to improve fitness now wont work.

I would have understood had he had a pre season, at this stage of the season seems counter intuitive.

I never used to dislike Albion, however since many of their fans now have delusions of grandeur, and since they recently released my lad from their academy i now loathe them and will rejoice in their demise.

• Like 4

It's since the last two seasons when they've shown how much they hate us.  Absolutely merciless when they were doing better than us.  Very quiet this year though aren't they, despite our indifferent season.

Ashworth leaving was the hammer blow for them and have looked shambolic since

signing an over the hill Anelka

signing and playing Lugano

trying ship out Long on transfer deadline day and panic buying Anichebe :D

sacking Clarke

eventually selling Long

appointing Mel who seems like decent guy but his lack of English seems a problem and has to paly Lugano to get message across

It's since the last two seasons when they've shown how much they hate us. Absolutely merciless when they were doing better than us. Very quiet this year though aren't they, despite our indifferent season.

Yep even when they lost I still had their fans saying at least we're still above the villa.

eventually selling Long

To be fair, Long was crap for them, I think a lot of Villa fans don't realise it because he scored 2 of his 3 goals this season in the first 10 minutes against us, and his only other goal was a week before (perhaps after?) in a goal line scramble against Chelsea. You may mock them getting Anichebe, but he scored just as many as Long in less starts.

eventually selling Long

To be fair, Long was crap for them, I think a lot of Villa fans don't realise it because he scored 2 of his 3 goals this season in the first 10 minutes against us, and his only other goal was a week before (perhaps after?) in a goal line scramble against Chelsea. You may mock them getting Anichebe, but he scored just as many as Long in less starts.

that's not Long's game though. Lukaku wouldn't have got near the goals last year for them if it wasn't for Long tireless running that tired out the defence and Lukaku took advantage of this from the bench.

they changed from this style to adapt Anelka which ruined the team structure

Â