West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Whose in @ WBA then ?  WM say an announcement tonight or tomorrow - Mendlibar + Mackay favourites - but Stuart Pearces odds tumbling by the minute......interesting... 

That guy who always get linked to us..Chico Flores? Or Jol are my two bets.

Jol - as they might think he'll be a Hodgson-like experienced manager, or Chico Flores as they'll think he's like the Southampton guy. Mendilbar has a terrible record tbh, Mackay isn't wanted and is still owed a payoff and Pearce...I just can't see it.

Whoever it is, I guarantee you will be sacked within 2 seasons anyway. Those lot are quite deluded after hitting their glass ceiling, and I can't see any manger getting them to 8th again, unless they stumble across another Lukaku-like freak loan again.

I know of him...my favourite Spanish team is Rayo Vallecano (the mad lot from Madrid who used to have a bee on the front of their shirts) and he did a fabulous job there getting them back up to La Liga and keeping them there.

Interesting appointment but always a risk going down the foreign route mid season as opposed to the summer and giving him pre season to get used to England, I doubt he speaks much English.

In conclusion I hope he relegates the mugs. ;)

Edit: got it wrong, he only got Rayo up to Segunda. It was Betis he got promoted and they finished 7th in their first season back in La Liga. Yep all in all an uninspiring record.

Edited by VillaChris

Btw, that's not to say I don't think he will do a good job there, he will keep them up (new manager bounce) before they sack him him 12 months in search of another out of work freebie.

Btw, that's not to say I don't think he will do a good job there, he will keep them up (new manager bounce) before they sack him him 12 months in search of another out of work freebie.

Couldn't agree more

Cant help but get the feeling they were clearly snubbed by a fair few managers to end up with this guy after so long.

To be fair he is a decent manager, with Benat and a few other players (on loan) they had at the time they were doing really well got in europe etc.

Problem is when these players left and were replaced with essentially what was free transfers or very cheap signings.

I like him, good manager.

Seems like another easy appointment for them to get rid of 12/18 months down the line. Really going continental in their approach to the management side of the club. Has it ever worked out well long term in England?

Never heard of this guy and it might be a risky appointment but their fans must be relieved they didn't go for someone like McLeish. Surprised they didn't go for Mackay.

MacKay is taking Vincent tan to court for unfair sacking, he won't work until that's finished

Â