The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

"a little overweight" or "100 stone overweight" if he's not fit he can't play.

But, as Taarabt has pointed out, he's the same weight he always was.

Not that 'Arry would know that, having detailed information on the physical condition of your playing staff is the preserve of professional managers...

Well, it's not really. Anyone who can read should be able to use that information...

‘I have a big problem I can’t, I can’t write... so I don’t keep anything.

‘I can’t work a computer, I don’t know what an email is... I’ve never sent a fax and I’ve never sent a text message.’

Redknapp, who is tipped to be the next England manager, added: ‘I’ve never wrote a letter in my life. I couldn’t write a letter, I write like a two-year-old and I can’t spell.

‘You talk to anybody at the football club, I don’t write. I couldn’t even fill a team sheet in.’

Redknapp is accused of receiving secret payments worth £189,500 into the offshore Rosie 47 account between 2002 and 2007 when he was manager of Portsmouth football club.

Oh right.

Well it's probably best to just guess then.

• Like 1

not sure why Taarabt is so proud of that picture, he's in terrible shape for a professional athlete.

But clearly not three stone overweight as 'Arry claimed.

I'm sure I don't have to explain hyperbole to you? journalists were poking 'Arry trying to figure out why, with QPRs form, a talented player wasn't in the squad. It was his misguided way of saying the player isn't in shape and isnt doing much about it - it wouldn't change much if he'd said "a little overweight" or "100 stone overweight" if he's not fit he can't play.

There was nothing misguided about it. It was a classic case of him throwing somebody else under the media bus so that he can evade scrutiny for a little while longer.

• Like 3

not sure why Taarabt is so proud of that picture, he's in terrible shape for a professional athlete.

But clearly not three stone overweight as 'Arry claimed.
I'm sure I don't have to explain hyperbole to you? journalists were poking 'Arry trying to figure out why, with QPRs form, a talented player wasn't in the squad. It was his misguided way of saying the player isn't in shape and isnt doing much about it - it wouldn't change much if he'd said "a little overweight" or "100 stone overweight" if he's not fit he can't play.
There was nothing misguided about it. It was a classic case of him throwing somebody else under the media bus so that he can evade scrutiny for a little while longer.

Yep. Trademark Harry.

Exactly. Deflect attention.

If taraabt isn't fit to play then that's all he needed to say. He didn't have to take the piss out of his employee to national media while he was at it.

And you know what, if Taraabt isn't fit to play, REDKNAPP IS HIS **** MANAGER.

Make him fit to play. Motivate him to train. Put him on a diet. Give him extra cardio to do. Fine him for not losing weight.

Don't throw the guy to the wolves (your mates) just so the attention gets taken away from your appalling premier league record for one more week.

Summed it up perfectly.

Exactly. Deflect attention.

If taraabt isn't fit to play then that's all he needed to say. He didn't have to take the piss out of his employee to national media while he was at it.

And you know what, if Taraabt isn't fit to play, REDKNAPP IS HIS **** MANAGER.

Make him fit to play. Motivate him to train. Put him on a diet. Give him extra cardio to do. Fine him for not losing weight.

Don't throw the guy to the wolves (your mates) just so the attention gets taken away from your appalling premier league record for one more week.

Unless…he is trying to get the sack and secure a escape route and pay off, it would be pretty typical of him.

I despise Harry so I'm not sticking up for him, it's absolutely part of his job to make sure his players are fit and also not use it to deflect from the awful job he's doing. Im just saying Taarabt has a responsibility too and in that photograph is not doing anything to dispel the claim that he isn't fit to play. look at some of the stick Bent has got on here - he certainly looks in better condition that Taarabt.

There really are no winners here... except us as we have the circus up next although no doubt they'll put on the greatest show of their season and beat us.

I have sympathy with Taarabt here even if the bloke isn't as good as he thinks he is, certainly his premier league experiences have never convinced and if you read Warnock's book there's plenty of examples of when he's just disappeared to Paris for unscheduled breaks.

That said Redknapp loves to give the impression he's everyone's mate and every player loves playing for him. My feeling has always been he can be downright nasty to players behind closed doors, see the Darren Bent situation at Spurs and he's certainly quick enough to trade them when it suits then.

Has Martin Samuel done a column on Redknapp at QPR yet? He's the biggest pro Redknapp cheerleader out there in the media so I'd be intrigued to see when that opinion piece crops up. No doubt it will all be Tony Fernandes, Mark Hughes and Warnock's fault.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2159005/Harry-Redknapp-sacked-Transformation-Spurs-airbrushed-history.html

Didn't realise he ghosted Redknapp's autobio aswell.

Edited by VillaChris

He owns a plot of land over looking the solent. It's a flat piece with hoarding around the perimeter, near the best Western hotel.

He also lives in Bournemouth on a peninsula going into the sea, where each house further out to see you put another million quid on its worth.

I only know this because I know people from South Sea and recently went sea fishing in Bournemouth and the captain told us :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2808019/Harry-Redknapp-s-Adel-Taarabt-outburst-inexcusable-ploy-QPR-boss-smear-player.html

Now if you were seeking a standard bearer for the ideal professional, then the unpredictable Adel Taarabt may not be your man. But he does not deserve to have his reputation spitefully smeared by a panicking manager.

By now, Redknapp was pinned to the ropes, yet managed to prattle: ‘The only reason he has lost weight is because he has had tonsillitis — even I could suck my stomach in for a picture and look OK’.

Tonsillitis! Even by Harry’s standards, it was preposterous. Either he had discovered the ultimate slimming aid, or he had been caught out in a fantasy. Judging by the derisive laughter, the public had made up its mind. QPR chairman Tony Fernandes apologised to fans for the ‘embarrassment’ caused by the ludicrous spat and spoke of his ‘disappointment’ with both manager and player.

He owns a plot of land over looking the solent. It's a flat piece with hoarding around the perimeter, near the best Western hotel.

He also lives in Bournemouth on a peninsula going into the sea, where each house further out to see you put another million quid on its worth.

I only know this because I know people from South Sea and recently went sea fishing in Bournemouth and the captain told us :lol:

the sandbanks

• Like 1

Â