Given - 36 GK

Marshall - 37 Third GK

Dunne - 33 injured all season so far

Holman - 28 New to PL - started 8 matches

Petrov - 33 Injured all season

Bent - 28

Warnock - 30 Out of favour and sent on loan

That is it.

There are some 26 and 27 year old players with PL experience (Gabby, N'Zogbia, Ireland and Hutton).

So I think we should get some more experience this January window. I am not saying it has been wrong to go for the young and hungry players, but we need something extra. Lambert has started to form his group, and I think it will not have a negative impact to get a couple of experienced players in now, preferably in the central midfield and one winger. One central defender should also be a priority now as Dunne will leave in the summer.

My worry now is not the results. Not a surprise that we get some bad results in the first half of a season with the players we have and a new regime trying to build something for the future.

My worry is the psychological impact the two last matches has on a young and inexperienced team. We need some more grown up heads to lift the 21 year olds that are getting under some extreme pressure.

Therefore: Experience and quality in, please. Two new faces in the right positions will do if they have the experience.

Youngsters do have a habit of letting their heads drop when you get a couple of bad losses on the bounce.

We need a few more calm professionals to set up and right the ship again.

I think an experienced CD (Dunne could do this) and a midfield general (A Petrov type) who talks the youngsters through 90 mins would go a long way to bringing some stability.

Love him or loathe him as some do but Dunne has to come back into the team when he is fit.

I agree. Our defending has been shocking at times this season and 22 goals in 12 games is way worse than even last season. Medium - long term Dunne is clearly not the answer but we need his experience at the moment just as we did at the back end of last season. The defence at the moment is far too week Lowton, Clark, Vlaar and either Bennett, Lichaj or Stevens just isn't good enough at this level. Plenty of potential in those young lads but they lack the know how/experience at this level and Vlaar whilst looking solid at times has often been found wanting positionally not helped by the inexpereince of those around him.

One things for sure if we don't stop leaking goals as we are then we will continue to find ourselves in deep trouble. Defence along with a lack of strength in centre midfield is the biggest cause for concern at the moment.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy the arguement.

Gabby for example has been a PL player long enough regardless of his age. The same for Ireland, Hutton, N'Zog. Etc.

Walker was fantastic for us when he was on loan but hardly played in the PL, Papis Cisse, Demba Ba etc at Newcastle had **** all experience but tore the place up last season. Same for Tiote and Cabaye.

Our problems this season have been trying to instill a new ethos in the way the club operates. From the football on the pitch to the business decisions off it. We have not replaced the QUALITY of player we lost when we sold Barry/Young/Milner and Downing. The damage done under McLeish is still being repaired.... it will come. But it may be painful in the short term.

Gabby for example has been a PL player long enough regardless of his age. The same for Ireland, Hutton, N'Zog. Etc.

Walker was fantastic for us when he was on loan but hardly played in the PL, Papis Cisse, Demba Ba etc at Newcastle had **** all experience but tore the place up last season. Same for Tiote and Cabaye.

Our problems this season have been trying to instill a new ethos in the way the club operates. From the football on the pitch to the business decisions off it. We have not replaced the QUALITY of player we lost when we sold Barry/Young/Milner and Downing. The damage done under McLeish is still being repaired.... it will come. But it may be painful in the short term.

Nail. Head. Hit.

Some good points and I agree with some of that, but Ba wasn't inexperienced having played for wham before he went to Newcastle. And, these players were one or two entering a team, we have a whole squad full of players without much experience of the PL. That's a big difference.

I like the way we go about new players now, but I think one or two more experienced better than the ones we have would help us. As much as I think we've played a lot better this season than the last the results so far have been below par. But I think we'll get better and better.

Absolutely spot on!

Ronaldo didn't have any experience and did just fine here.

Modric

Mata

Hazard

Oscar

Aguero

I could go on, but you get the point.

they are a different calibre of player who all played at top level before coming to England. different to compare them to Lowton, Westwood, Stevens etc

Modric

Mata

Hazard

Oscar

Aguero

All besides ronaldo and Oscar were experienced players from different top level leagues.. Most had had European and international experience, also as others have stated they joined teams with lots of experience around them, therefore inexperienced players can be bedded in easier

All besides ronaldo and Oscar were experienced players from different top level leagues.. Most had had European and international experience, also as others have stated they joined teams with lots of experience around them, therefore inexperienced players can be bedded in easier

they are a different calibre of player who all played at top level before coming to England. different to compare them to Lowton, Westwood, Stevens etc

Good points

Modric - £18.5m

Mata - £23.5m

Hazard - £35.2m

Oscar - £28.2m

Aguero - £39.6m

They're very expensive examples! Added their transfer fees when moving to the Premier League into the quote. Backs up the point about them being a different calibre of player.

Â