Experience - our players that are 28 years or older

DeepDish

We could get some old timers on loan but not to buy. For buying I want the usual Lambert style signings (young hungry, will get better) OR a superstar signing coming into his peak. Nothing in between for me. That luke warm middle ground of expensive second teir Premier league players is somethign we have tried in the past. It didnt work.

When you consider the spine of our team has effectively gone for various reasons and they've been replaced with inexperience it could indicate why we have such serious issues.

Spine gone -

Given

Dunne

Petrov

Bent

absolutely agree that we need some wise heads - i think what we are really lacking is the experience to baton down the hatches with 20 minutes to go in order to see the end results out...

i know its the wrong sport, but i can't help thinking of the 2003 england rugby team... all old, but they certainly knew how to close things out when they were ahead going into the last quarter...

we are competitive in almost all games for at least 60 minutes, so i think the overall quality is there... as we develop our young players, we need to buy in people that can close out those last half hours...

and i don't think that has to be premier league experience, necessarily...

Â