Weekends football 17/18 November

andykeenan

Looking to the future is being in denial? And if we look to the past, we should only consider the last couple of years, a period of which we are clearly in the process of putting behind us? As I said, I'd rather be a Villa fan than a Norwich fan, because I'm not blind to everything other than what's happening right now.

Also, talking of being in denial, it's funny how you manage to find excuses as to why you wouldn't put your money where your mouth is when it comes to Villa getting relegated, CI.

Either way, we're Villa fans anyway. We should be getting behind our club, when we are clearly heading in the right direction. Everyone makes mistakes and things don't happen overnight. But what benefit is there to criticising from behind a keyboard at every stage?

Get behind the club.

Looking to the future is being in denial? And if we look to the past, we should only consider the last couple of years, a period of which we are clearly in the process of putting behind us? As I said, I'd rather be a Villa fan than a Norwich fan, because I'm not blind to everything other than what's happening right now.

Also, talking of being in denial, it's funny how you manage to find excuses as to why you wouldn't put your money where your mouth is when it comes to Villa getting relegated, CI.

Either way, we're Villa fans anyway. We should be getting behind our club, when we are clearly heading in the right direction. Everyone makes mistakes and things don't happen overnight. But what benefit is there to criticising from behind a keyboard at every stage?

Get behind the club.

Agreed.

Although be prepared for an uproar at your "heading in the right direction comment". Some seem completely oblivious to everything but the immediate results.

I'm bang behind the team, I will be at 3 of the next 4 games, possibly all 4 giving my full support.

As for "heading in the right direction", I'm not sure we are tbh. The principles are good but the execution is lacking.

In terms of our prospects beyond this season, setting aside our greater history and various other factors, I'd much rather be a Villa fan that a Norwich fan.

Me too. But my main reason is that it would take me at least three hours to get to Carrow Road.

id take that Norwich midfield of Hoolahan, Pilkington, Johnson and Tettey over ours. Tettey looks a snip in the games against both UNited and Arsenal anything to go by

Hoolahan got laughed at on here when some paper claimed Lambert wanted him in January.

I think it's unfair. he's a very decent player.

Hoolahan is a great player. He is almost 31 though, so any transfer would have to be a fairly cheap one. That said, I think he is out of contract at the end of next season, so Norwich wont be able to hold anybody to ransom over him unless he signs an extension.

We don't get much luck really do we?

Dunno. We got **** this weekend, but last weekend I don't think the other results could have gone any better for us.

Edited by The_Rev

Sunderland have been awful against 10 men aswell.

That's the luck you sometimes need when you're down the bottom, an opposition player getting himself sent off for a braindead tackle early in the game. We haven't played anyone who's gone down to 10 men have we?

Â