Weekends football 17/18 November

andykeenan

Young seems to be getting it bad on redcafe...

"Sadly I think this is all he can offer. I genuinely don't believe he will ever go back to the villa version of Young. Someone who has pace on the counter and can beat a fullback or whip in a dangerous cross. Its shocking really."

"It's going to come back to the old 'why did we sign Ashley Young' thing. I still don't get why we signed him. I am sure we could have got better."

"Ashley Young needs to buck up his ideas big time."

Well they've been in better form than us for 18 months at least so when do you give in and accept they are just better than us.

Accept? They're not better than us. Not at all. Last season we had to withstand Mcword removed (and coincidentally they had Lambert) and this season they've come in off the back of a really good first season back in the Premier League while we're coming in off the back of our worst with a new manager, new staff, new players and a new playing style. Of course they're going to be performing better than us at the moment but that doesn't mean they're better than us full stop. There's a difference.

Norwich are and have been better than us for nigh on 2 years.

That's not putting our club down, that's acknowledging where we are at.

The sooner we all do that the quicker we get out of this quicksand.

Norwich are and have been better than us for nigh on 2 years.

That's not putting our club down, that's acknowledging where we are at.

The sooner we all do that the quicker we get out of this quicksand.

How exactly are they better than us overall?
  • Like 1

Sorry guys, as a neutral, I think Norwich are the stronger team right now. If someone made me put a bet on who would win in a match between the two teams and/or who will finish higher, I'd defo say Norwich.

However, you lot are at the beginning of a huge rebuilding project after all the damage McCleish did to you and its gonna take time, so I suppose this is to be expected atm. Its who will be the better in the future/long term moreso than just this season that counts (unless one of you was to be relegated).

Â