January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Samba going QPR ,great just want their Defence who hasn't conceded to 3 of the current top 4 needed.

I mocked QPR and their purchasing but the joke is on us now.. embarrassing 

They had the foresight to employ a good manager who the chairman is willing to back.

I have to say, I didn't watch many Wigan games last season, but was Diame that good.

He left Wigan on a free, and signed for West Ham, no disrespect, but suddenly he is supposed to be interesting "top clubs" because of his release fee. There was no fee 6 months ago. It's not like managers wouldn't have seen him play in some strange foreign league.

During Wigans run of 7 wins at the end of the season, he played only 20mins as a sub in one game, and 5 minutes in another.

Well i saw him play for west ham against liverpool this season.  He was super.  They were 2-1 up with 20 or so mins to go and he go injured and had to go off.  Liverpool came back and won 3-2.  Wouldnt have happened if he had stayed on the pitch.

Well i saw him play for west ham against liverpool this season.  He was super.  They were 2-1 up with 20 or so mins to go and he go injured and had to go off.  Liverpool came back and won 3-2.  Wouldnt have happened if he had stayed on the pitch.

Yes I saw him in that one and to be fair, he was good, but then I have also seen Joe Bennett have a good game.  ;)

Gets the tin hat out. £12million plus Upson for Bent ? I reckon the Jones link is just lazy journalism regurgitating last summers links as they know **** all. Checking out stokes squad on transfer market I noticed Marc Wilson is listed as a LB & DM Republic of Ireland international in anyone know how good he is ? Could be what we need.

Edited by thabucks

£12mil for Bent straight cash

Diame £3.5

Holt Loan (Norwich want rid)

CB - I'm open to offers on this one

A winger either side 

An ambitious list for a club who don't want to spend money on wages

It's very unlikely that Diame would come to us even if we doubled his wages (I reckon he will be looking for £60k a week?) - Arsenal are still favourites to sign him

I'd take Holt on loan but we don't really need him and wewould be the last team Norwich would loan too

I'd sign a CB personally but i don't think Lambert will be allowed to - hopefully Dunne will be available Saturday releasing Clark to play in midfield

Width is an expensive talent to buy - Width plus workrate even more so - I can't see us being at all for this

The best i am hoping for is a change of heart from Lerner and the funds to buy Stephens or Trotter or similar

I'd also take Carragher on loan and pop him in defensive midfield

We don't need another striker if we sell Bent. Jones would just be another player we'd struggle to shift when we want to sell him. He's a player who only turns up once every 5 games. No thanks. I'd rather just take 10m and no player than 10m and Jones. We could use those wages better elsewhere. 

Just to be clear, Stoke are offering £10 million plus Jones for Bent? If that's the case, I'd take it! Jones would come in as 4th choice behind Benteke, Weimann and Agbonlahor and it would give us some money to sign a midfielder/defender with.

Way i read it, package was 10million.  Dont know how much they rate jones at.

They had the foresight to employ a good manager who the chairman is willing to back.

Redknapp again?

Good manager and a better manager than Lambert but he needs money to manage - no chance of him ever coming here

Is it time for your daily Berbatov and Adam post yet ;)

Just to be clear, Stoke are offering £10 million plus Jones for Bent? If that's the case, I'd take it! Jones would come in as 4th choice behind Benteke, Weimann and Agbonlahor and it would give us some money to sign a midfielder/defender with.

If that was the case RJ i'd ask for Adam instead of Jones.

VillaCas

I can't understand how they are being so stupid at board level, I just can't get my head around it. I don't even know what I want you to say to this but...it's just ridiculous, are they not seeing what teams around us are doing?

Has he not watched us lose to wigan, southampton, Bradford, Millwall and last night....I mean FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redknapp again?

Good manager and a better manager than Lambert but he needs money to manage - no chance of him ever coming here

Is it time for your daily Berbatov and Adam post yet ;)

Look above. :D

VillaCas

I can't understand how they are being so stupid at board level, I just can't get my head around it. I don't even know what I want you to say to this but...it's just ridiculous, are they not seeing what teams around us are doing?

Has he not watched us lose to wigan, southampton, Bradford, Millwall and last night....I mean FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will reserve judgement untill tomorrow night at 11pm.  Still think tomorrow is going to be a very busy day for us.