January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

But I was told if there was a decision to make, our current plight has changed things.  Unless we show a bit of ambition. 

If that this is true but if it is he can **** off - If he thinks he is doing us a favour he need'nt bother, we've got enough primadonnas without signing one more.

Dale Stephens - no thanks

Surely we are better off buying players who could do a job for us in the Championship should we go down? We are going to need a new CB and DM anyway so why Lerner is not supporting Lambert with funds to at least get these players in is beyond me.

Even signings like James Chester and Dale Stephens are better than nobody at all and could be utilised even if we stay up. They would certainly help our promotion campaign next season. Or are we going to have to sell every first team player and just play our U18 team in the Championship?

If that this is true but if it is he can **** off - If he thinks he is doing us a favour he need'nt bother, we've got enough primadonnas without signing one more.

Dale Stephens - no thanks

Primadonna.... He must think he is Maradonna.  Never wanted him in the first place if being honest.

Primadonna.... He must think he is Maradonna.  Never wanted him in the first place if being honest.

Because you know so much about him and have scouted him relentlessly over the past 18 months.....or because he plays in the championship?

Surely we are better off buying players who could do a job for us in the Championship should we go down? We are going to need a new CB and DM anyway so why Lerner is not supporting Lambert with funds to at least get these players in is beyond me.

Even signings like James Chester and Dale Stephens are better than nobody at all and could be utilised even if we stay up. They would certainly help our promotion campaign next season. Or are we going to have to sell every first team player and just play our U18 team in the Championship?

I think this has been the idea since day one, most of the signings fit this if not all.

Well actually thats not what he thinks at all.  He knows that Villa are a massive team.  Its what he keeps hearing from his agent and all the players/manager around him.  That right now, a move may not be the best thing for him given Villa's situation.  I am not saying if we agreed a fee that he wouldnt come.  Just that from the start of the window and the summer when he couldnt wait to come, he is now getting lots of people (people he listens to) not to do it yet.  Like I said I think he will come in the summers.

It all stems to my point about the expectation on him to save our season and the fact that he is another lower league player will put players off.  In fact another player who has been linked with us this summer from the Champs has said a similar thing.  Not that he would be averse to a move but the fact there is so much pressure on Villa to stay up and there has been so much scruitny and criticism labelled at PL and the team for not being experienced enough.  Players worry about these things and they talk about it with each other too.  Its not a good thing at all.

We should have done our business now and got on with the job of

rebuilding a team that may actually win a game!!

Now we're screwed as we will be held to ransom on any fee or wages..

Worst transfer window ever from our worst manager since McNeil and Turner.

Edited by diablo

We should have done our business now and got on with the job of

rebuilding a team that may actually win a game!!

Now we're screwed a we will be held to ransom on any fee or wages..

Worst transfer window ever from our worst manager since McNeil and Turner.

Logically though it doesn't work out the way you make it out. By all accounts from the very start selling teams hold clubs to ransom. They don't have to sell and if there are a few parties interested then they can hold out for stupid amounts.

Listen to Lambert's quotes through the window and that's the reality he makes out.

I'm sorry, in my opinion there are a lot of statements thrown around like they're facts which are not true at all. 

Well actually thats not what he thinks at all.  He knows that Villa are a massive team.  Its what he keeps hearing from his agent and all the players/manager around him.  That right now, a move may not be the best thing for him given Villa's situation.  I am not saying if we agreed a fee that he wouldnt come.  Just that from the start of the window and the summer when he couldnt wait to come, he is now getting lots of people (people he listens to) not to do it yet.  Like I said I think he will come in the summers.

It all stems to my point about the expectation on him to save our season and the fact that he is another lower league player will put players off.  In fact another player who has been linked with us this summer from the Champs has said a similar thing.  Not that he would be averse to a move but the fact there is so much pressure on Villa to stay up and there has been so much scruitny and criticism labelled at PL and the team for not being experienced enough.  Players worry about these things and they talk about it with each other too.  Its not a good thing at all.

Sorry man, im with VillaCas....... if this is his thoughts on the move then he is mentally weak and not the player we need "in the trenches" to help drag us out of the shit............

Id have thought a prospect from the Championship would have faith in his ability to come in and make a difference, not worry what a few people might say about him if he doesn't play like Frank Lampard from minute 1...........

Totally weak mentally and If I was Lambert I'd seriously think twice about signing such a character....