January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

That's a poor argument from you. You think there's a reason why Bradley didn't get a run in the side, but ignore the same argument when used for the Fonz?

Bradley is doing pretty excellent for Roma and looks a top top player. I'd welcome him in this team. I didn't feel he had enough time to get up to the pace of the Premier League. I'd love him in the team now.

How do you think he performed in his time at villa?

2 days before a massive derby...

Still nobody new...

Lets hope Vlaar really is like a new signing that can cover for all of our shortcomings in midfield as well as defence...

Sigh...I don't want to sound negative, but I'm watching my £500+ for my season ticket going up in smoke again...more so than last year...

How do you think he performed in his time at villa?

Not too well. But as I said, I don't think he had much chance to get up to speed with the Premier League. It's evident from his performances for Roma that there's a real player in there. He just needed more time IMO. I think similar about Makoun too.

If Lambert was to spend his entire budget on a CB & CDM, then i don't see why we shouldn't bring back Harry Forrester while his got that 350k buy out clause in his contact. (i don't believe he could be any worse than Holman or Ireland are for us) It's better then not bringing in a CAM at all. imo after we've sorted out the defence, then the next problem to address is not having anyone in the team that can link up with Benteke. -_-

If Lambert was to spend his entire budget on a CB & CDM, then i don't see why we shouldn't bring back Harry Forrester while his got that 350k buy out clause in his contact. (i don't believe he could be any worse than Holman or Ireland are for us) It's better then not bringing in a CAM at all. imo after we've sorted out the defence, then the next problem to address is not having anyone in the team that can link up with Benteke. -_-

Indeed.... and I think Harry Forrester would show a lot more hunger than Ireland!!! Maybe not as much hunger as Michael Johnson..... he's one hungry midfielder!!!! =P

He can still get back to what he was

He has gained 50% on top of his body weight, he has been in and out of mental institutions for years and he has quit football, basically.

He was a talent, as in not the same as proven quality but a player hyped to be the next big thing, but then he blew it quite heavily.

Yet, you make a case for us to sign him?

He has gained 50% on top of his body weight, he has been in and out of mental institutions for years and he has quit football, basically.

He was a talent, as in not the same as proven quality but a player hyped to be the next big thing, but then he blew it quite heavily.

Yet, you make a case for us to sign him?

It would be a gamble but we'd be laughing if it came off

I'd definitely take Forrester back, good, hungry young player

Not another talented young hungry player from a lower league.

None of our talented young and hungry players are up to them premier league, hence the reason we are witnessing the worst villa team in over 25 years.

Lambert needs to drastically change the kind of signings he makes, only Benteke has shown signs of promise. If we go down the young and hungry route again in this window shopping from leagues 1 and 2 again we are ****