January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

found this...

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=412163

"Sirene inglesi per Philippe Coutinho. Il giovane attaccante dell'Inter sarebbe finito nel mirino dell'Aston Villa. Secondo la stampa britannica sarebbe pronta un'offerta da 10 milioni di euro. A quel punto la palla passerebbe all'Inter, che però non sembra disposta a privarsi del suo giocatore."

which is pretty much...

English temptation for Philippe Coutinho. Inter's young forward seem to have ended up in teh sights of Aston Villa. According to the British press there could be an offer of €10m ready. At that point, the ball will be in Inter's court, who don't seem willing to let their player go though.

so not looking all that likely!

as much as i'd love it to happen, can't see coutinho coming to VP. would LOVE to be proved wrong though. doesn't seem to be much gossip around does there?

I think we've all come to accept that the British press have no idea when it comes to us and the rest of the twitter stuff is bollocks. We'll only find out through random fans' detective work or perhaps a leak from a foreign club (hopefully the fact that the Coutinho thing was in the Corrielle della Sport makes it plausable but could still be bollocks)

I think we've all come to accept that the British press have no idea when it comes to us and the rest of the twitter stuff is bollocks. We'll only find out through random fans' detective work or perhaps a leak from a foreign club (hopefully the fact that the Coutinho thing was in the Corrielle della Sport makes it plausable but could still be bollocks)

not seen the corriere today, i'll pop down to the bar for a coffee after lunch and see if i can find it. if it's the same sort of "british press think..." type article then i'm pretty sure it's knackers.

"Wouldn't come to Villa"... I don't think Lambert thinks that as you have no idea if player like Coutinho would want to come unless they offer him contract. He isn't someone like Mata or Oscar who had been touted all around by media.

Coutinho seems to be too far out of our reach but if we do make an approach then fair play as it shows great ambition.

As far as I'm concerned, until something concrete emerges, all 'links' are bullshit. So I'll treat the Coutinho 'link' as just that.

Must say I am surprised we havent had a whiff of concrete transfer info. When I heard that Stephens was on his way to us at the end of Decemebr I fully expected us to have lined up a few deals. Maybe we are trying to get some off the payroll?

Must say I am surprised we havent had a whiff of concrete transfer info. When I heard that Stephens was on his way to us at the end of Decemebr I fully expected us to have lined up a few deals. Maybe we are trying to get some off the payroll?

There's a few rumours that Charlton are messing us about again like they did last Summer - demanding more once agreed or trying to.

It's his dream move poor lad. But he's not moaned once or gone blabbing to papers - unlike "the source from Villa" throwing his toys out the pram!

You can see why Lambert want's him so much. Same with Milner - we got him 2nd time if you remember.

There's a few rumours that Charlton are messing us about again like they did last Summer - demanding more once agreed or trying to.

It's his dream move poor lad. But he's not moaned once or gone blabbing to papers - unlike "the source from Villa" throwing his toys out the pram!

You can see why Lambert want's him so much. Same with Milner - we got him 2nd time if you remember.

None of this has any concrete evidence. It is just a narrative you've built.

For all we know the player is happy to wait till the summer and look at his options rather than come into a relegation battle. Or we may no longer be interested and have moved on for all we know.

And you know this how? Perhaps he wants the move as much as Peter Whittingham.

Or just more people playing at pretend on Twitter, maybe. I notice there's even someone on there now pretending to be an ex-producer of SSN claiming we're x,y and z. You'd think people had better things to do with their lives.

If this wasn't Aston Villa with Randy Lerner I'd be surprised that despite the obvious and quick need for a centre back nobody has been brought in. But this is Aston Villa and Randy Lerner.

Nordtveit would probably come with the right assurances. Borussia Mön is being tore apart by bigger clubs financially and they can't keep a hold of their best players (Reus, Camargo etc). He'll leave them for the lone reason alone that this year their club is not doing much better than ours and we're in a better league.

We should add his buddies Forren and Eikrem to our shopping basket tho, both great players.

Splash a couple of million on Forren before Everton completes the signing. I don't know what we're waiting for, Fulham and Everton will probably battle it out for him come jan but right now we'd get him for 2-3 million before these two clubs offload to afford him. Seeing Hangeland yesterday I think this type of player is exactly what we need, and Hangeland has been quoted saying that Forren is twice the player he is.

I flicked the channels here in Germany yesterday and stopped at Stuttgart against Molde, there's several players in that Molde side that I would love for us to buy. Vegard Forren is one of these, as Everton reportedly have to sell before they can afford him. He litterally held Stuttgart by himself and showed great commitment. The other player I'd like us to buy is Magnus Eikrem, the kid's a little genius. He also looks like Voldemort! Anyhow, he plays the holding role a bit like Alonso, sprays balls around with no effort at all. 97% passing accuracy yesterday alone. Lastly there's Jo Inge Berget (also a newcastle target), great player, good shot, good physicality and good technique. All these players are under 25 years of age, but seasoned and blooded in Europe and on international level.

Sign em up Lambo!

Unless they are out of contract or from lower leagues in Britain, we should stay off players from our Isles, we get so much more for our money abroad in Germany, France, Scandinavia and so on. Snap up some good players from the u21 european champs next year. I'll throw a few into the mix; Eikrem, Nordtveit, Asier Illarramendi, Pablo Sarabia, Sebastian Rode, Alexander Esswein. All these players would come fairly cheap, most under 5 million. They've all got bucketloads of potential and are all blooded on the international scene.

Forren is aparantly at Everton for a medical today, so he's out of the picture. Shame.

Double swoop for Forren and Eikrem from Molde please. They would both go extremely well with our style, and Forren is an up and coming player that will be very expensive come one or two years. Eikrem does exactly what we need - opening defenses. I saw Molde's game against Basel in the CL qualifier, and they were unlucky not to qualify (missed a penalty in the 80th minute or something). Eikrem fed his forwards and wingers some absolute beauties, and if these players were anything like Gabby and Benteke they would've scored 3 goals or more. On top of that they're both fluent in English and they come from a league that is as physical as ours. Eikrem is also educated at manure.

Moyes was at the Molde - Copenhagen game yesterday to se Vegard Forren. Forren played a very good game and I must say he must have the best left foot I've seen on a cb, We need to try to sign this guy ahead of Everton and Fulham, he's gonna be better than Hangeland.

Remember that he's on the team that's won the league twice in a row and he's got experience from europe - more than you can say about most of our cb's. Baker is okay, nothing more, nothing less. Forren is, from what I have seen, much better with his feet, in tackles, in the air and most of all at passing out of defense. On top of that he scores alot of goals from corners and free kicks. He's a bit like Vermaelen.

I saw some bits from Hungary vs Norway yesterday, Forren dominated that Szalai (spelling?) guy who's top scorer in the Bundesliga. I'd like us to buy him but I doubt that we do. He's probably the best player in the Norwegian league atm by a country mile.

I reckon we should look to the teams that qualified for the u21 international champs next year and grab a few players from Norway. Their team's hammered France, and should have beaten England twice. Players like Henriksen, Berisha, Wolf Eikrem and Nordtveit are all great midfielders with great ability. They'd all come cheap as most norwegian players do if you don't buy them off lyon. :D

So you want us to buy Forren and Eikrem? :)