January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I wondered what Lambert had put in their HT cuppa on Saturday because they came out a different side 2nd half

If at least one of ur teammates shows he couldn't give a flying fig about the club's dire situation & all he cares about is himself & more money - else he's

off - & then when said club refuse to give him a pay off he blabs to media to put club in a bad light....

Juuuuudddaaaas tweet off one who does care!

Villa Source might well have done thus weeks team talk for Paul Lambert for the existing players who genuinely care about the club.

Edited by JulieB

I think we have enough fire power in the squad Bent ,Benteke and Weimann have all scored in last 2 matches it's keeping the goals out. Intresting that Spurs might be signing Lewis Holtby this window could perhaps free up Parker.

How did you come up with that conclusion? Holtby and Parker are entirely different type of players.

How did you come up with that conclusion? Holtby and Parker are entirely different type of players.

Just an assumption based on Levys dealings with finances if Holtby is turning up now would assume a player of similar wage is going out.However could be they are letting both Huddlestone and Livermore go out either Perm or Loan

Coutinho :o

Would be a good signing, please make it Happen!

THIS x100,000,000 :D He fits the bill for what we need:

Young - CHECK

Point to prove - CHECK

Skillful - CHECK

Interested - Doubt we would make a bid if he didn't want to come, Inter want rid of him and Sneijder, I'd at least think we would have a go and see if we can get him. For god's sake Wet Spam got Tevez and Mascherano and Southampton got Ramirez so why can't we have an attacking player flair player we can pin our hopes on!!

In the interest of allowing people to dream well tonight. Here you go.

FootballCraze@Football_Craze

Aston Villa have made contact with Inter Milan regarding the availability of Brazilian attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho. #AVFC

BODYMOOR HEATH SCOOP@BODYMOORHEATHSC

ASTON VILLA HAVE SUBMITTED A £9M BID FOR PHILIPPE COUTINHO #AVFC

Goodnight. Let it be real.

:crylaugh:

This goes around in circles. VT mentions Coutinho, "ITKs" tweet about Coutinho, VT mentions Coutinho...

Coutinho would be nice, but not really what we need in reality. If he comes in along with a commanding centre back and decent CM, then happy days, but another lightweight youngster isn't exactly top of our list of priorities.

I think we have enough fire power in the squad Bent ,Benteke and Weimann have all scored in last 2 matches it's keeping the goals out.

Really? We are currently joint lowest scorers in the Premier League with 17 goals in 21 matches. If we carry on scoring at the same rate we’ll finish with about 30 or 31 goals for the season, the worst in our entire history (easily beating last season’s all-time low of 37).

I’d say that suggests we quite desperately need to improve our attack. That doesn’t necessarily mean new out-and-out strikers. Maybe more like more creativity in midfield and wide players who can create danger.

I’m still hoping a fit and in-form N’Zogbia could improve us in that department, but at least one new signing to give us more attacking options looks very much called for.

Coutinho is not Messi for christ's sake.

A very promising, potentially world class player, yes, but not yet at that level or close.

He'd be great for us and yes it seems like an optimistic approach (if there's anything to it) but so what? That's exactly what we should be doing.

He's a player on the periphery of the Inter squad who's been out on loan, not a starting player for Barcelona or whoever.

It is possible we could get him.

Just an assumption based on Levys dealings with finances if Holtby is turning up now would assume a player of similar wage is going out.However could be they are letting both Huddlestone and Livermore go out either Perm or Loan

I don't understand why they would let Livermore go? Unless I've just watched his good games and he's crap most of the time, he looks big, strong and decent on the ball. He's young and looks hungry to succeed at this level, he's right up Lambert's alley.

Just a note on Huddlestone:

While I accept that he can be a very good player, and great passer of the ball, he tends to work best in a team that's playing 'widely' with wingers. He thrives on the space that this creates and uses it to spray balls out to the wingers, much like Barry used to do with Young in the team.

I don't think he'd be particularly well suited to the congested style that we seem to promote at the moment.

as much as i'd love it to happen, can't see coutinho coming to VP. would LOVE to be proved wrong though. doesn't seem to be much gossip around does there?

I don't see any reason why it can't Happen, he went on loan to Espanyol last season and they are worse than us. Even if we got him on Loan with an option to buy, that would be good.

Edited by AVFCforever1991