January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I agree with this to a certain extent, the financial part anyway.

Unless he is offered mega money he wont be leaving in Jan.

Fulham are reported to be trying to sign a defender, http://www1.skysport...r-Vegard-Forren so it may be that it's as a replacement for Hangeland. Fulham fans on twitter talking about him coming here, with Bent the other way. Probably all the rumours just feed off each other, though.

We just so desperately need 4 quality players in. Im just worried it isnt going to happen, im not convinced on this Leerdam as our number 1 DM, i want somebody with experience, whose playing well in a top 5 league who can slot straight in. By all means I've been pleasantly surprised by Lowton and Benteke - hopefully Leerdam could do the same but im not convinced. I knew Westwood would be our best midfielder and he's living up to that.

I really want Kvist from Stuttgart, he'd slot straight in, we have a good history with Scandinavian players and think

------------Kvist

---Westwood-Stephens

Is a good base for us to build from with a more flair player infront of them.

Fulham are reported to be trying to sign a defender, http://www1.skysport...r-Vegard-Forren so it may be that it's as a replacement for Hangeland. Fulham fans on twitter talking about him coming here, with Bent the other way. Probably all the rumours just feed off each other, though.

I wonder where they got that rumour from. Here perhaps?! :detect:

Is it too much to expect someone exciting.

Our players are so average it hurts to watch.

Would love a player with a bit of flair and ability to beat a man.

SWP?

Sums up football fans, the club could sign some bollocks flair player get everyone blue balling yet completely useless for the team.

Shallow short term thinking.

SWP?

Sums up football fans, the club could sign some bollocks flair player get everyone blue balling yet completely useless for the team.

Shallow short term thinking.

Nah, we're just in desperate need of someone who can actually run with the ball and take a player on. Someone who has the ability to play with width but also cut in. It's pretty obvious we're lacking that. Not too sure how realising that indicates short term thinking? SWP is pretty much the worst example of that kind of player you could have thought of. Tom Ince? If he doesn't go to Liverpool now they've signed Sturridge we should approach Blackpool about him.

We'll be needing these type of players especially if we want to play 4-2-3-1. Plus these type of players would be really beneficial to Benteke, in the same way Young was to Carew.

Edited by PieFacE

I know it's likely bollocks but it should get the conversation moving again... over the last hour @Villa_Source has linked:

Us with a move for Stefan Reinartz (Leverkusen) - Calls him a CB/DM, which technically he is, but according to WhoScored.com all 18 of his appearances this season have been made in midfield. Where he has averaged 3 tackles per game, 3.7 interceptions per game, 2.6 clearances per game. Very good stats, but is he really going to want to leave 2nd placed Leverkusen for us? I still think (similar statted) William Kvist would be more likely from Stuttgart if we're targeting Bundesliga DM's.

Us with a loan move for Scott Parker- but says AVB is only interested in a 'cash deal'. Why we would target Reinartz and Parker I dont know, but I'll take either. Can't see Scotty coming here, a move back to West Ham would surely be more likely with them going all out to sign as many high-wage players as possible.

Us with Alfred Finnbogason, James Henry, Dale Stephens, Kelvin Leerdam - calling these his 'targets' going into the window.

QPR with Bent - Saying they have enquired about him but have yet to put in an offer and that we are willing to listen.

Ruled out us getting Hangeland - Obvious, we would never have gotten him anyway.