January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I've no dillusions about Villa's current standing and profile but to say Fulham are a better club is nonsense.

You're talking about a club that has won F all - ever - and play out of a League 1 ground.

London is not for everyone, if he has a family he might prefer to live in a few acres of Warwickshire countryside.

Anyway I can't see Hangelaand here (good player though).

Why would Hangeland leave Fulham and London for Villa and Birmingham? He has been given a new contract as well, don't know if he has signed it but surely it is better than what we could give him. He lives in one of the best cities in the world and he is a hero at a better club than Villa. Makes no sense, he will only leave for someone like Arsenal, Tottenham or Liverpool.

I agree with this to a certain extent, the financial part anyway.

Unless he is offered mega money he wont be leaving in Jan.

Edited by Nigel

fulham don't pay big money from what a chap i know who supports them tells me

i think 50k is their limit - though that's likely more than we'd pay anyway

I'd imagine they're paying Berbatov a lot more than 50k...

Hangeland + £10m for Bent would be acceptable

Won't happen. Clubs will know we are desperate to slash wages, and will use that as a negotiating tactic. It'd be more like Hangeland and 3m.

Edited by maqroll

Won't happen. Clubs will know we are desperate to slash wages, and will use that as a negotiating tactic. It'd be more like Hangeland and 3m.

I don't believe they'd go that low, 7m and hangleand....but really really don't see that happening

London is not for everyone, if he has a family he might prefer to live in a few acres of Warwickshire countryside.

As an early-30s millionaire I presume he'll be fairly flush with options on where to live - Surrey, Kent, Hampshire, Berkshire and Hertfordshire are all pretty nice spots if you're earning £50k a week.

As an early-30s millionaire I presume he'll be fairly flush with options on where to live - Surrey, Kent, Hampshire, Berkshire and Hertfordshire are all pretty nice spots if you're earning £50k a week.

Probably lives in Esher which is a beautiful part of the country. Perfect driving distance for a club in South West London. A lot of the Chelsea players have got houses there; I imagine many of the Fulham lot have as well.

I've no dillusions about Villa's current standing and profile but to say Fulham are a better club is nonsense.

You're talking about a club that has won F all - ever - and play out of a League 1 ground.

Anyway I can't see Hangelaand here (good player though).

The stadiums are in London, but they only play there 20-30 times per year. Most of the time players are at their training facilities, which are based out in the countryside. Fulham train in Surrey. Cheslea do as well and it's at least a 40 minute drive to the Kings Road. I doubt many players of the London clubs actually live in London. Though BAE lives in Cannary wharf.

Probably lives in Esher which is a beautiful part of the country. Perfect driving distance for a club in South West London. A lot of the Chelsea players have got houses there; I imagine many of the Fulham lot have as well.

Ballack lived in Wimbledon, my mate fitted his windows