January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Jonno, I am just saying no to PLAYERS I would absolutely guarantee we will not be interested in, I'm not making a comment on any transfer policy we may or may not have this January.

Cheers, I was just intrigued, you seemed very assertive and I wanted to know why :D

I agree, personally I cannot see any of those players playing for us, nor do I particularly want any of them. Wouldnt mind Lescott, Its just not feasible I wouldnt want ( not that we would ) the club to meet his wage demands etc.

Because I do not believe for one minute that these players are ones that we are looking at "these are not the players you are looking for" said in a Obe Wan way.

Based on what? We had Keane here a year ago and it worked brilliantly. The squad is lacking experience massively. We do need permanent solutions of course but these 3 would be a big boost...IMO... and they are obtainable

If we're going for a striker I'd like Arkadiusz Milik, who we were linked with a few weeks ago. Only seen him on YouTube, but he looks good. He has a great name too.

Just been signed by Bayer Leverkusen for €2.6m.

Based on what? We had Keane here a year ago and it worked brilliantly. The squad is lacking experience massively. We do need permanent solutions of course but these 3 would be a big boost...IMO... and they are obtainable

I think there is more chance of me signing than the likes of Robbie Keane. It's the cheap to sign, cheap wages young players that will come in, if any.

So I'll have similar experience to them, I suppose.

I think there is more chance of me signing than the likes of Robbie Keane. It's the cheap to sign, cheap wages young players that will come in, if any.

So I'll have similar experience to them, I suppose.

Which position do you play? and can you bring your boots to the Ipswich game?

Would anyone take any MLS players on a short term loan? I'd certainly take Tim Cahill/Robbie Keane/Landon Donovan - heck I'd take all 3 right now!

Can't see Donovan because his head is a mess. He's been playing in season and out on loan for the last couple of years and keeps talking like he wants to quit because he's exhausted. He'll come back and play for LA in March but I think he's been looking forward to some time off for a while now.

I would love us to sign a player who can genuinely take on and beat a defender on a consistent basis.

I think a main reason we are so abysmal as an attacking team is because we don't have players who can beat defenders on a consistent basis. This means we have to rely on trying to pass the ball round the opposition and we just aren't good enough to do that.

Is Kelvin Leerdam any good? He doesn't appear to be the tallest of players. Is he one of those 'small but with considerable presence' types?

Strong, mature but a bit nutty
  • Like 2

I would love us to sign a player who can genuinely take on and beat a defender on a consistent basis.

I think a main reason we are so abysmal as an attacking team is because we don't have players who can beat defenders on a consistent basis. This means we have to rely on trying to pass the ball round the opposition and we just aren't good enough to do that.

Completely agree. Someone who can drive with the ball would relieve such pressure when we are defending and would open up so much space for others to move into when attacking. A DM who is capable of that would be such an unbelievable signing.

Without these players who are capable of driving forward, taking a player on you have to have fantastic incisive passing, and we just dont have that yet.

I agree. Been saying for ages we need someone similar to Ashley Young. However frustrating players like that can be, they get bums off seats and can win football matches. Something we're desperately missing right now.

Edited by PieFacE

I have a feeling that Lambert is going to keep the majority of his signings young I think 26-27 is about as old as he's going to go, for example the rumour catching a little bit of speed on Twitter with Kelvin Leerdam coming here, he's 22. Dale Stephens is 23. I don't think many if any of our signings will be "old" players.

Be interesting to see what happens with this Leerdam link as Villa_Source revealed this link weeks ago....And Stephens. We'll see if anything transpires.

Edited by diehardvillan