January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I've been seeing Lescott being linked with a few clubs. He was/is a Villa fan right? That could work in our favour as he nearing the end of his career (30 now).

I doubt he is on Lamberts radar, but I think he'd be a great addition for us. Will take some of the pressure of Clark a bit and help him develop and we will have 3 top quality cb's (maybe 3 and a half if Dunne plays for us again) to choose from when we have injurys.

Not sure how long he has on his contract, which would influence his price if it was longer but a loan with view to permanent deal seems possible

Edited by Rockafella

I've heard this. Also, I read that Stephens goes missing quite regularly.

There's an ex-scout who posts on a Charlton forum I read and he (amongst others) haven't rated Stephens this season.

Whether these people should be believed is another matter, but if he was such a performer for them, then I doubt any fans would need to raise a critical thread about him.

Perhaps his head's been turned :P

I would also love Parker, I recon he'd be a target for QPR though.

aubameyang would be a superb signing. Exactly what we need upfront. Aubameyang and Gabby either side of Benteke would frighten the living shit out of defenders. He looks quicker than Gabby with a better finish.

I agree. He'd be a great signing although I think Villa have missed the chance to get him. In the past summer it was possible but his perfomances this season so far have put him on the radar of teams around Europe that are simply in a better position than us at the moment to entice that kind of talent.

We've also been tenuously linked with Iago Aspas from Celta Vigo. I'm not so sure about all this lack of experience talk surrounding us (I think it's more quality that we're lacking in) but in his case he's 25 and won promotion with Celta vigo to La Liga last year. If he can perform in a scrappy promotion race, I would think he'd also be capable of performing in a dogfight at the bottom of a top league. This can also be seen by his 6 goals in 12 games for Celta Vigo so far this season - who, like us, sit just outside the relegation zone - contributing roughly 40% of all their league goals this season.

ESPN reported his agent saying he wouldn't leave until the summer but I never believe anything an agent says.

I dont buy this 'who would want to come here?' crap.

Newcastle are about to lose their only in-form striker, are only 1 point and one place ahead of us, have recently been relegated and - like us - dont give out big wages. If they lose against Everton today they would have lost more games than us this season.. Yet they are in line to sign Debuchy and Loic Remy this January.

Absolutely no reason we cant sign good players. None at all.

• Like 2

I dont buy this 'who would want to come here?' crap.

Newcastle are about to lose their only in-form striker, are only 1 point and one place ahead of us, have recently been relegated and - like us - dont give out big wages. If they lose against Everton today they would have lost more games than us this season.. Yet they are in line to sign Debuchy and Loic Remy this January.

Absolutely no reason we cant sign good players. None at all.

Yeah, it's all about ££££ in the end.

Exactly HTP. And to add to that, we aren't actually in the relegation zone. Plus we're PL regulars. Two things that potential signings will look at when weighing up whether to come or not. It's the opposite to the situation QPR find themselves in. Rooted to the bottom and a perennial Championship side. For all intents and purposes, they're asking players to join them in the Championship next season barring a miracle.

Clark is not a liability.

He is a youngster who has been thrown in at the deep end (under the last manager and the current one) and told to sink or swin with very little support from those around him.

I think he is a 'proper' footballer and with the right nuturing and playing alongside the right partner, he will be a great player for us.

I just hope we haven't ruined him already.

• Like 2

What do we reakon to this

-----------Guzan

----Baker----Vlaar---Clark

Lowton---------------Bennett

------------Raul Loe

------Westwood

------------Stephens

----Benteke----Weimann

I reckon that team won't improve where we are at the moment and might just relegate us. Hoping for more than that.