January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Sounds like a very good player. I wonder if a combination of Benteke, Weimann and Guidetti would have deadly consequences? :D

I would like to think so.

Apart from the obvious Messis and Ronaldos of this world Guidetti is the player i really would love to have at Villa.

I'd like to see Heskey try to do this one:

I wonder if Vlaar could play a part in pursuading him to come here being his old club or maybe even Mellberg being a fellow countryman. He certainly looks the part but can't help notice a touch of arrongance about him.

One of which you sense he is the type of player that could get too big for his boots and think he is bigger than the club type of thing, that's how he comes across to me anyway.

Still not a bad player to have if this can be controlled.

Seems to have a variation of goals and a variation of celebrations (arguably more entertaining than the goals).

Can't see him coming to us though, mainly because I think a loan (without the option to buy) would be detrimental to the development of our other players.

Didn't he recently sign a three year contract at Man City? Wouldn't think they'd let him go lightly. I've read and heard that he's rated very highly over there.

I may sound stupid but..... if we where going to go for an AM.... what about Dennis Praet from Anderlecht? (May cost a lot though due to Lukaku being sold for a hell of a lot of money), He's been class for them this season and he may cost between 4-8m..... from the looks of the lad he would be well worth that fee!

Bastian Oczipka seems to be having a good season at Eintracht Frankfurt. Only moved there in the summer from Leverkusen on a 3 year contract and currently has 7 assists from 11 games, making him joint top with Ribery and Muller for assists in the league but he's done it from LB.

Anybody know more about him? Wouldnt mind taking a young left back if he could reproduce that over here.

For the AMC slot I would love us to go for Aaron Hunt from Werder Bremen, think he's been mentioned on here a few times - has there been a link or is it just hopeful thinking?

Theres also Hiroshi Kiyotake from Nurnberg, he only moved there in the summer from the J-League for 1m but he's absolutely lighting up the Bundesliga, he's very similar to Shinji Kagawa (in style of play and his career - both come from the same club in Japan). Would be very unlikely but you never know unless you try, they might want a big fee though.

Not well up on these foreign players but a lot of posters seem to rate a fair number of them. I bow to superior knowledge. However, I'm not a fan of loan players. I don't fancy the idea of giving them Premier experience then sending them back to their own clubs with their value enhanced and leaving us with another gap to fill in the summer. Besides we've got more standing in the game than to rattle the begging bowl at the "big clubs". I don't want us to be beholden to anyone.

I would love to see Guidetti in the Claret and Blue. But it is totally counter productive for us to take him for 6 months only to hand him straight back to Man City an improved player. Only ever go for loans with an option to buy unless you are REALLY struggling for options.

It's getting pretty exciting. The squad can only get stronger from here. 11 days until January. Let's see what Lambert and Henke can conjure up!

I would love to see Guidetti in the Claret and Blue. But it is totally counter productive for us to take him for 6 months only to hand him straight back to Man City an improved player. Only ever go for loans with an option to buy unless you are REALLY struggling for options.

that and for short term fixes, like players in their 30s who you need to do a job for 6 months before you can bring in a permanent, younger signing

For the AMC slot I would love us to go for Aaron Hunt from Werder Bremen, think he's been mentioned on here a few times - has there been a link or is it just hopeful thinking?

Theres also Hiroshi Kiyotake from Nurnberg, he only moved there in the summer from the J-League for 1m but he's absolutely lighting up the Bundesliga, he's very similar to Shinji Kagawa (in style of play and his career - both come from the same club in Japan). Would be very unlikely but you never know unless you try, they might want a big fee though.

Both would be great signings. Kiyotake looks a good winger with good delivery, added bonus of Asian markets and all that. Shame I can't see him leaving so shortly after arriving though.

I think loaning Guidetti makes sense if Lambert wants to bring in another striker, but doesn't want to pay the inflated January prices in regards to buying one.

It's when we loan players for an entire season that I become annoyed, especially when we loan those that are injury-prone, I think it makes more sense to do it in January if the manager thinks we need a short term fix until eventually buying a player in the Summer.

Also probable that City wouldn't want much, if any, of his wages paid since we'd essentially be doing them a favour being as he isn't playing and we aren't a threat to them.

I think loaning Guidetti makes sense if Lambert wants to bring in another striker, but doesn't want to pay the inflated January prices in regards to buying one.

It's when we loan players for an entire season that I become annoyed, especially when we loan those that are injury-prone, I think it makes more sense to do it in January if the manager thinks we need a short term fix until eventually buying a player in the Summer.

Also probable that City wouldn't want much, if any, of his wages paid since we'd essentially be doing them a favour being as he isn't playing and we aren't a threat to them.

the problem with bringing in younger players is that unless they're genuinely proven, what's the point. we've got wiemann, for example, who's doing a great job. are we going to bring in the guy from city to have andi on the bench for the next 6 months? that's no good for us. and conversely, what's the point in bringing him in from city to sit on our bench instead of theirs

loans of younger players without an option to buy are no good at all for the club