January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Young? Talented? Level-headed? Hungry? Foreign? Relatively cheap? Attacking midfielder?

Why not Tommy Rogic from the A-League side Central Coast Mariners? He's recently broken into the Australian national side and is running the show for his club, who are currently top.

Worth a punt, IMO.

Here's the obligatory youtube link of a recent game

For me the gap is still too far for A-league talent to make it over here.

For me the gap is still too far for A-league talent to make it over here.

There is a HUGE difference between the Premier League and the A-League, true. But that does not mean there is no talent there - same as the lower leagues in England (Westwood, anyone?).

This kid is destined for big things, has only just turned 20 years old (5 days ago) and would be relatively cheap. As I said in my previous post: Worth a punt.

Rogic is a massively talented youngster and was chosen to be part of the Nike Academy at one stage.

Would fit in well with what is being built by Lambert here and I think he has the right mindset/work ethic as well.

Rogic does look a very good player and the type I've thought we need.

I think we'll buy a young and hungry and an experienced attacking player

Rogic could come in, if indeed he's on the radar of Culverhouse, Karsa and Lambert.

The interesting thing, like some have said, is would he be able to make the leap up in quality like some of our players have done.

Rogic is just raw. He needs a bit of Premier League training in him. His size and skills on the ball.. he will be a success in the Premier League.

Antonis is absolute quality for his age. Great vision and passing. Just needs to get on the Gabby style weights.

These are Australias next two best stars if managed correctly.

Rogic isnt really much of a gamble though.. he would be cheaper than our current youth players.. not much of a transfer fee is required.. and potentially could turn out to be a great player. Send him out on loan and see what happens.

My three signings for January:

Jozy Altidore, whoever signs him will get a bargain IMO.

Pontus Jansson, swedish CB 21 yo. Maybe abit raw and maybe not ready for the PL yet. But he will be good. A swedish Martin Laursen in the future.

A midfielder it may be Stephens or Murphy or Trotter or another one, in Lambert we trust!

In January ideally I'd like:

1 LB - Lichaj is a RB, Bennett has been injured twice since mid-summer and Stevens, whilst played alright, has a lot to prove

1 CB - Dunne is leaving and I would like his replacement bedded in before the summer.

1 CM - Ideally defensive who can pick a great pass, Cabaye-esque, I would also accept somebody Tiote-esque.

1 AM - Ideally someone who can play behind the striker and also on the wing. (A young German would be ideal)

1 Wide-Striker/Winger - Aubameyang could do this, or a more traditional winger.

5 seems a lot to ask for in January though.

Guidetti on loan would be perfect, he can be a good replacement for Benteke as a sub or to rest Benteke, we need to strengthen the midfield, would be enough for the season

Stefan Aigner of Eintracht Frankfurt plays mainly as a right winger but can play on the left, chips in with goals and assists.or Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang but could cost more

Willy Overtoom (Eredevisie) - Attacking midfielder

Out: Bent, Ireland, Warnock, Hutton, Albrighton on loan

How many people have genuinely seen guidetti play? What style is he?

I've seen him play a lot in the swedish "allsvenskan" in Feyenoord and in the U21 and national side and i really rate him

He works hard, is an intelligent player and ambitious, has a more then ok technique an eye for goal and is 100% from the penalty spot.

When he played with the u21 he looked a more "finished" player then the other kids and when he played for the national side he still looked dangerous

All IMO of course...

Edit: here is the obligatory Youtube video

I've seen him play a lot in the swedish "allsvenskan" in Feyenoord and in the U21 and national side and i really rate him

He works hard, is an intelligent player and ambitious, has a more then ok technique an eye for goal and is 100% from the penalty spot.

When he played with the u21 he looked a more "finished" player then the other kids and when he played for the national side he still looked dangerous

All IMO of course...

If you had to say, who is the most similar to?

Benteke?

Weimann?

Agbonlahor?

Bent?

Sounds a bit like Weimann to me.

If you had to say, who is the most similar to?

Benteke?

Weimann?

Agbonlahor?

Bent?

Sounds a bit like Weimann to me.

Not really similar to any of them, if i had to choose i'd say Weimann but not really

Not really similar to any of them, if i had to choose i'd say Weimann but not really

Yeah I understand what you're saying, I thought from your great description that he seems like the type of player, although closest to Weimann, who we don't currently possess.

Who do you think he'd forge the most successful partnership with?

Yeah I understand what you're saying, I thought from your great description that he seems like the type of player, although closest to Weimann, who we don't currently possess.

Who do you think he'd forge the most successful partnership with?

I see no reason why he wouldn't work with Benteke but you never know...

He's cocky and selfish, but in a good way, every good striker is. But he's not just a fox in the box, from what i've seen he likes to have the ball as much as possible and i think he had a fair share of assists to

I see no reason why he wouldn't work with Benteke but you never know...

He's cocky and selfish, but in a good way, every good striker is. But he's not just a fox in the box, from what i've seen he likes to have the ball as much as possible and i think he had a fair share of assists to

Sounds like a very good player. I wonder if a combination of Benteke, Weimann and Guidetti would have deadly consequences? :D