January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

im starting to agree with you all about needing an attacking midfielder who can get past defenders, although im not sure whether thats a central mid who can play wide when called up on, or and out and out winger? also, left or right sided? as currently, i would say that znog and albrighton or those wing movements :/

but i still say another experience CB is essential

• Like 1

Downing - No

Lescott - No

Ince @ B'Pool - Yes

Zaha @ C. Pal - Yes

Hughes @ Derby - Yes

I agree with the top two.

Also think we could bring in Ince. But unfortunately Zaha's stock has risen now. He will sign for a big club and go back to Palace for rest of season. What is Hughes like?

Hopefully some of the more indemand youngsters that Lambert wants will see what he is doing here, it could be the deciding factor if we were to go in for somebody like Ince for example, knowing that coming here will help them to grow and that they'll be involved rather than being bench warmers.

I don't think we need another CB to come in and push Baker back down the pecking order. Dunne will hopefully be back in the new year as experienced cover. I think our main need is for someone physically imposing in midfield. A YaYa type.

If he could unearth an attacking midfielder too to link up with and provide the bullets for Wiemann and Tekkers, we'd be set.

Will Hughes looks a real talent, potentially something special. I've seen him a couple of times for Derby this season and considering his age his influence on games and ability on the ball is very impressive. He won't be at Derby long, someone will make an investment in him and I wouldn't be sorry if it was us but I think his development would be best served playing every week so whoever signs him should loan him back to Derby for a year or two or another Championship club.