January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

And remember the numbers will probably drop still, with the likes of Dunne leaving. If we stick with the current formation we could do with another solid center back with some experience and also a big defensive midfielder. Hopefully Bennett comes back from injury and hits Lowton-type form and we won't need too many new players.

I'm starting to become convinced that Lambert will be showing the door to Ireland in this next window. His participation lately has been so minimal, and to be honest with the wages of Ireland, we could fit at least another 2/3 on the wagebill.

To be honest, and I'll probably get shot down for saying this, but I'm not 100% convinced by SI. I think for all the style with Ireland there is little substance. He doesn't get enough goals or assists for my liking, he needs to do more as one of the more senior midfielders in our team.

• Like 1

To be honest, and I'll probably get shot down for saying this, but I'm not 100% convinced by SI. I think for all the style with Ireland there is little substance. He doesn't get enough goals or assists for my liking, he needs to do more as one of the more senior midfielders in our team.

I don't disagree. I am a fan of Ireland, but at the end of the day I think Lambert may be in the same lines of thinking, which he would have every right to be. Personally, I wouldn't be bothered if we unloaded Ireland and went after someone like Aaron Hunt from Werder Bremen.

i cant see our goalkeeping situation changing for a while

guzan is no1

given is on a stupidly high wage that no other club will be willing to pay - although granted, great no2

marshall is part time, which i only recently found out about on here, i wasnt aware of that before

siegrist will be a good keeper when ready, probably within the time span that we finally unload given

I think we need to target 3 areas in Jan:

An experienced CB (allowing them time to bed in as Dunne is never fit and will be off in the summer anyway)

A midfield destroyer, a powerful player in there to break up the opposition's attacks

A creative player, be it a winger who can cut inside or someone who plays naturally in the whole (basically doing the job Ireland should but rarely does)

I wouldn't sell anyone as we are already short of quality and experience so players like Bent, Ireland and CNZ should stay until summer at least before we review things.

• Like 1

Yeah MON released him IIRC. If he was good enough another Premier League club would have picked him up by now. He's hardly a player like Westwood who was relatively unknown, any team getting promoted from the Championship over the past 5 years would have known very well who Whittingham was, if he's so good it makes you wonder why none of the newly promoted teams have picked him up. I suspect he's very much like David Nugent, too good for the Championship, not quite good enough for the Premiership.

You can't compare him to AW, they are totally different players. Whittingham is arguably Cardiffs best play maker and dead ball merchant. I think he could easily play mid table PL level when you look at the shit littered about the PL from 12 down .

A player who has ability, but little substance.

great improviser, but little else.

can't really grab the game by the scruff of the neck, so debatable effect.

his wages could be better utilised.

I don't disagree. I am a fan of Ireland, but at the end of the day I think Lambert may be in the same lines of thinking, which he would have every right to be. Personally, I wouldn't be bothered if we unloaded Ireland and went after someone like Aaron Hunt from Werder Bremen.

I agree about Ireland not offering too much, in my opinion Aaron hunt is one of Germany's high prospects (yes there seems but to be loads of those ATM, lucky gits) and as such don't think we stand a chance of getting him, but someone of that ilk would be nice