January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I think we need two pacy striker/wingers with trickery and good crossing ability. Gabby and Wiemann are solid attackers.. but should be back up (or at least Wiemann) as Gabby on form is excellent.

Gabby Benteke and Bony would have been unreal! This is why i think Lambert doesnt rate Bent... he prefers Bowery as a number two (for strength and holding up the ball) as apposed to Bent. Bent also lacks pace and trickery on the wing and doesnt have a good work ethic.

Hence why he doesnt really fit into his plans. Sell him get 10 million or so and sign a more suitable striker.

Lescott says he's happy to wait for a chance at City, though of course you wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

"I've been fit for a couple of weeks now and while it was disappointing to be left out of the squads at Chelsea and Wigan, the manager has to pick a team and bench that he thinks can do a job on the day and I respect that. I'll just do my job, train hard and wait for my chance to get back in the team. In the meantime, I'll be rooting for the lads the same as if I was out on the pitch."

Altidore to Villa? Interesting. Alot of american sources claim this to be true.

Just heard this on talk sport. Is he the guy who was pretty poor for hull a few years back?

The guy who said it was the same one who said Ireland to New York red bulls was a done deal in the summer.

Just heard this on talk sport. Is he the guy who was pretty poor for hull a few years back?

The guy who said it was the same one who said Ireland to New York red bulls was a done deal in the summer.

Yeah, that's Altidore. Improved a lot since then, but big question mark over his suitability for Premier League imo. I like him a lot and he's a big, strong player but he never seemed to impose himself on matches at Hull. He was young, mind you.

Yeah, that's Altidore. Improved a lot since then, but big question mark over his suitability for Premier League imo. I like him a lot and he's a big, strong player but he never seemed to impose himself on matches at Hull. He was young, mind you.

A young Heskey, its a no from me. I dont think he suited to the premier league

Lescott seems out of favour at the moment. Any value in going for him or would his wages break the structure?

I would imagine that Lescotts wages would be a problem. Unless he takes a big pay cut because he wants to play regularly and has a love for the game.

He is however a modern footballer and will probably be quite happy bench warming for 90k per week

I think we need two pacy striker/wingers with trickery and good crossing ability. Gabby and Wiemann are solid attackers.. but should be back up (or at least Wiemann) as Gabby on form is excellent.

Gabby Benteke and Bony would have been unreal! This is why i think Lambert doesnt rate Bent... he prefers Bowery as a number two (for strength and holding up the ball) as apposed to Bent. Bent also lacks pace and trickery on the wing and doesnt have a good work ethic.

Hence why he doesnt really fit into his plans. Sell him get 10 million or so and sign a more suitable striker.

I think Bony will look for a bigger club tbh. He turned me down on fm13 as he had no intenton of playing for Aston Villa lol !!!

agree with KHV on both posts -

no way will lescott even entertain joining us, modern day football, as long as he plays enough games to ensure he can get a medal (12 i think) he's happy with his role (money having nothing to do with it, at all, honest...)

Not sure if its true or if its his agent but Bony has been talked up by liverpool, chelsea and spurs, sounds like he's set his sights higher than us already

Out: Bent, Dunne, Warnock, Hutton, Delph, Given and N'zogbia. (Total around the 20-23m mark depending on fees for Bent, Delph and Nzogbia).

In (Ideally): Pierre Emerick Aubameyang, James Chester, Joshua Guilavogui (DM from Saint Ettiene), Victor Rodriguez (Winger/AM from Zaragoza), Charlie Austin and Felix Wiedwald.

Methinks that would keep us up and get us far far further :)

----------------------Guzan

-----------------Vlaar--------Clark/Chester

Lowton-------------------------------------------Bennett

----------------Guilavogui

------------------------------Westwood

---------------Bannan/Ireland

Aubameyang---------------------------Gabby

-----------------------Benteke

Subs

Siegrist

Chester/Clark

Lichaj

Rodriguez

Herd

Austin

Bowery

Sold or maybe even loaned:-

Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, NZogbia, Given, Bent, Ireland, Delfouneso, Albrighton, Makoun, Delph.

Between January and the remainder of the season I feel between this lot of players will be sold/loaned in January transfer window and the remainder and all of that group will more than likely be gone by next July but I don't know about Ireland since the board signed him.

Considering the contracts left on most of them I would say quite a bit of money could be freed up in wages and built up in transfer fees considering most if not all of these players will leave come June.

• Dunne, Warnock, Makoun, Lichaj & I think Delfouneso aswell all have 7 months left.
  • Albrighton, Hutton & Ireland have 19 months left.
  • Bent & Delph have 31 months left.
  • NZogbia & Given have 43 months left.

Some are on below 60K some are on more than 60k a week so lets say for arguments sake they are all on average on 62k a week - 4 weeks in a month thats 240k each x 12 month = 2.9m a year each player. x by 10 players thats a nice whopping 29m roughly in wages a year just on these 10 players in there remaining contract periods - half of which are doing **** all for this club!

If all the above players mentioned leave this club between now and June we will be saving roughly 60m+ in wages based on the lengths of there contracts based on a 62k a week wage.

We should no problem also raise atleast 20-24m by the time they have all been sold in transfer fees.

By then Paul Lambert should have the foundations in place and ready to add to our squad after this player transistion with more quality at half the cost & wages arriving again to replace the players departing plus the big influx of money next season I think it is essential we finnish as high as we can and continue to build the team from top to bottom as Lambert is doing.

Where did this bony rumour come from? Didn't hear anything in the summer?

Not a rumour, was factamundo. We agreed a season long loan with a 10 mill euro purchase in the summer. All done deal then vitesse moved the goal posts at the 11th hour and was too late to do anythnig about it.

If someone could be kind enough to post the link, can't do it at the mo.

agree with KHV on both posts -

no way will lescott even entertain joining us, modern day football, as long as he plays enough games to ensure he can get a medal (12 i think) he's happy with his role (money having nothing to do with it, at all, honest...)

I have no issue with this whatsoever. £90k a week and part of a championship challenging side (which he will be part of and if he isn't, he won't be thinking that yet) or half of that in cash and battling for 10th. I mean ok, you get the glory of playing every week for the famous Aston Villa, but then I'm not a neutral.

We have the same conversation regarding The Lord Jimmy Milner every window. It's almost as if we intentionally ignore the fact that he's regularly starting or coming off the bench for them and picking up £100k a week for the pleasure.

We're delusional.