Ashley Young

maqroll

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Class and the way he was trolling mini 50 cent when we had about 5 throw ins in the corner was funny as hell.

Love him and I loved the fact that he re-signed for us. He deserves to choose if he continues with 

He sets the standard. No friendliness on the pitch. 100 percent winning mentality. He would troll his mum if it would get him 3 points you feel. 

Remember when he first joined 16 years ago. He couldnt head a ball. This is what happens when you compleltey dedicate your time to prolonging your career. I would say that he is showing even greater longevity than Milner now. He still has a huge influence on games.

• Like 3

Another top performance. He lifts the team and crowd. I never thought when he was first here, he’d ever become a top class full back. Player of the season for us so far. 
It’s fair to say he’s in our top 5 premier league players. 
Hopefully stays for another ye and becomes a coach here. 

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Another top performance. He lifts the team and crowd. I never thought when he was first here, he’d ever become a top class full back. Player of the season for us so far. 
It’s fair to say he’s in our top 5 premier league players. 
Hopefully stays for another ye and becomes a coach here. 

I never thought he be a full back but his defensive game was always great in his first spell. It went underrated but he always tracked back and helped his full back

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watching the highlights I forgot how weak he was for the goal, he's played for the foul and it's not even close, it's really poor

Sold blip on otherwise playing Gnonto, who I thought looked good, perfectly

I actually thought Sanson was dogshit for the goal. Made a token “ look I’m tackling someone “ motion without actually tackling Gnonto. Sanson hadn’t a bead of sweat on him. Was just on. Young was immense tonight i thought. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watching the highlights I forgot how weak he was for the goal, he's played for the foul and it's not even close, it's really poor

Sold blip on otherwise playing Gnonto, who I thought looked good, perfectly

The goal was an error but Gnoto is some player to be fair and Young dealt with him well for most of the game.

Can you believe they got him for 4 million.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The goal was an error but Gnoto is some player to be fair and Young dealt with him well for most of the game.

Can you believe they got him for 4 million.

Leeds do their homework to be fair. They get more right than wrong. It’s annoying that they can out smart us in this department especially with someone like this kid. I feel we can outmuscle them financially all day long but they put in the hours scouting properly where as we can kind of be a bit lazy and hurried at times. 

12 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I actually thought Sanson was dogshit for the goal. Made a token “ look I’m tackling someone “ motion without actually tackling Gnonto. Sanson hadn’t a bead of sweat on him. Was just on. Young was immense tonight i thought. 

Sanson ran 40 yards to try cover Young

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Class and the way he was trolling mini 50 cent when we had about 5 throw ins in the corner was funny as hell.

Love him and I loved the fact that he re-signed for us. He deserves to choose if he continues with us. 

Not sure if TV showed it but as soon as second was given Mesieler kicked the ball away just as Young was running to celebrate. Young then goes straight into his face giving him plenty. 🤣

Really want us to sign Guendouzi as him, Young and Emi in same team is going to send opposition fans in paranoia mode central.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Love him and I loved the fact that he re-signed for us. He deserves to choose if he continues with us. 

Tbf Gnonto got hit with a few tackles but he didn't walk with a limp.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

He was just on. When he got to Gnonto he made a complete hash at trying to tackle him . Surely you agree with that ? 

He was sold a bit easy but he also had to run to try clean Young mistake. Was a poor goal all around

Just now, Zatman said:

He was sold a bit easy but he also had to run to try clean Young mistake. Was a poor goal all around

I get that but that’s what teammates do - if they all played for themselves we’d get nowhere. Swings and roundabouts. Porous midfield for that chance in the first half where Adams went through, Young last ditched tackle. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I get that but that’s what teammates do - if they all played for themselves we’d get nowhere. Swings and roundabouts. Porous midfield for that chance in the first half where Adams went through, Young last ditched tackle. 

Of course. I thought Young played very well but he was the issue for the goal trying to win a foul(if wasnt Oliver it might have been given) He would probably say the same himself

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Leeds do their homework to be fair. They get more right than wrong. It’s annoying that they can out smart us in this department especially with someone like this kid. I feel we can outmuscle them financially all day long but they put in the hours scouting properly where as we can kind of be a bit lazy and hurried at times. 

True but this kid was already Italys youngest ever goalscorer when Leeds signed him so was hardly an unknown. The Italian scout at the time along with Italian owner was able to make it happen. 

Anyway going off topic. Back to Young. Such a great role model. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â