General England thread

kurtsimonw

bJust shows how many knobs we have playing for England.

Instead of speaking to Roy to his face, they decide to anonymously go and tell the papers instead. What a ridiculous story 

How do you know it was one the players, could of been back room staff. Or could of just been a case where one of the them tells a mate, about the situation (in a light hearted fashion) and one of those goes running off to tell. Seems to me the England players/staff didn't realise (rightly) that there are so many knobs around that would get on their high horses about it, That maybe naviety, but maybe they just didn't realise how out of context some dickheads would take it.

Edited by djamfisher

I know, it circumstances like this that show you how manipulative the press can try to be, just to suit its own agenda.

It really has had an agenda on Roy since the start, even if the sports writers have praised him, they have weighed it up with a pop at him in the news (I used that word lightly) section.

It's not exclusive to Roy as they've slagged off every England manager for as long as I can remember. Their treatment of Graham Taylor was disgraceful. Maybe Redknapp would've enjoyed a longer settling in period.

I do wonder if this same shite happens in other countries. 

Making a nuanced point to a pack of footballers is a dangerous thing to begin with. They hear the word monkey and know only one connotation. Hodgson's biggest mistake was not knowing his incredibly thick audience.  As you say, what he did was silly in the sense that you give your audience the opportunity to misinterpret it. 'Mis' being the important part of that. If no offence is implied then none should be inferred. To re-iterate, his mistake was to give idiots an open goal that was duly lapped up.

• Like 2

So who could the suspects be as the grass??

People are saying smalling but I really dont think it is as he seems a decent lad. In tweets with collymore and a journalist it was said it is a player with an axe to grind so someone who was dropped and knows gordan smart:

Jermaine defoe- a word removed of a guy. Never came on as a sub so maybe was pissed and as he is always pictured coming out of nightclubs he probably knows gordan smart the showbiz guy who reported this.

Frank lampard- with his harry redknapp connections and the fact he was dropped he has more then an axe to grind. It is known he is good friends with smart as well.

Jack wilshere - was dropped and he thinks he is from the ghetto innit to be offended by this. After his comments the other week, maybe he wanted the spotlight off him.

My pick is defoe. Who ever it was should never be picked again.

So who could the suspects be as the grass??

People are saying smalling but I really dont think it is as he seems a decent lad. In tweets with collymore and a journalist it was said it is a player with an axe to grind so someone who was dropped and knows gordan smart:

Jermaine defoe- a word removed of a guy. Never came on as a sub so maybe was pissed and as he is always pictured coming out of nightclubs he probably knows gordan smart the showbiz guy who reported this.

Frank lampard- with his harry redknapp connections and the fact he was dropped he has more then an axe to grind. It is known he is good friends with smart as well.

Jack wilshere - was dropped and he thinks he is from the ghetto innit to be offended by this. After his comments the other week, maybe he wanted the spotlight off him.

My pick is defoe. Who ever it was should never be picked again.

As said on previous page, I heard it was Frankie.

its PC gone mad. all these people Jason Roberts, Society of Black lawyers are all just pushing their own media agenda, am waiting for the great man Rio ferdinand opinion on this topic.

never understood why England managers never take the Fergie approach and just treat some members of media with hostility and ban them from press conferences, wouldnt get these pathetic headlines then

• Like 1

That peter herbert tosspot does more harm to anti racism campaigns than good. Idiot cheapens proper problems by jumping all over nonsense issues like this. Annoying really as i do think there are plenty of questions re racism / homophobia in football to address, but this **** can be a pointer for those who'd like to say theres no problem to carry on looking the other way. Bah!

Â