Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

They've signed Augustin and Helder Costa for the best part of £40m, that's an Helder Costa who has been poor ever since he was injured around Christmas in Wolves' promotion season and was worse last season than Trezegeut and El Ghazi have been for us this season, and an Augustin that they're already trying to get out of buying. So not really sure where this idea that they're infallible in the transfer market has come from.

White is going back to Brighton as well so will probably need a couple of good centre backs as well

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Nice football, the type Man City, Chelsea,and Liverpool play and all three very successful Premier league teams. Did you see Leeds totally out football Arsenal in the FA Cup? They play the game in such an aesthetically pleasing way, a few shrewd signings and they should comfortably be mid - table. You are surely not denying they play wonderful football ? 

We played great football in championship too. Bette rthan leeds have. If they try play that way in premier league they will get lots and lots of spankings.

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We played great football in championship too. Bette rthan leeds have. If they try play that way in premier league they will get lots and lots of spankings.

They press much harder and tighter than we do.

It's a reason to why they are so much better defensively than us.

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Be interested to see who they sign. They can't do any worse than the dross we purchased

That's the key for me. We go on about the short transfer window from winning play offs but Leeds will have even less time to get in players for first game of premier league. They don't even have that big a senior squad so a little difference to us last summer but they still need 5-6 for depth.

Including keepers they have 18 senior players in their squad. That includes Ben White who likely won't return.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

That's the key for me. We go on about the short transfer window from winning play offs but Leeds will have even less time to get in players for first game of premier league. They don't even have that big a senior squad so a little difference to us last summer but they still need 5-6 for depth.

Including keepers they have 18 senior players in their squad. That includes Ben White who likely won't return.

transfer window will last 10 weeks, similar to what we had 

Edited by Zatman

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

With such classic phrases as 

"Honest bunch of lads" 

"We've got a small squad" 

"When I was at Leeds" 

nice that Sky actually posted this, he just repeats the same thing for about 6 sentences in a row

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Surely though in the 3 month lock down they would of prepared for this eventuality coming to pass, and it has. 

I remember Norwich on the first Friday night game against Liverpool, tried sticking to their championship philosophies, playing out from the back. They got tore a new one. Leeds don't have a style as such. Very much a horses for courses team. Far more likely to Sheffield United it than Norwich it. Was very impressed with them against Arsenal in the cup and Arsenal put out a strong team that night. He'll pay for it though if he doesn't upgrade on Bamford. Leaves a tonne of chances behind. Won't cut it in the PL. Will see how ruthless Bielsa is. Top flight club football has been mixed for him thus far .

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

transfer window will last 10 weeks, similar to what we had 

I don’t buy that 10 weeks is too short (for us or Leeds). Scouts working full time, the list of players exists already. It’s purely negotiation time and 10 weeks is more than enough.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t buy that 10 weeks is too short (for us or Leeds). Scouts working full time, the list of players exists already. It’s purely negotiation time and 10 weeks is more than enough.

Leeds have a bigger advantage over the playoff winner who will have about 7 weeks. Clubs sound out players for summer transfers around March time so its difficult for teams like Brentford or Cardiff etc to know what division they will be in at the moment 

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's really really easy to not sign shit players.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Leeds have a bigger advantage over the playoff winner who will have about 7 weeks. Clubs sound out players for summer transfers around March time so its difficult for teams like Brentford or Cardiff etc to know what division they will be in at the moment 

I don't think Brentford have signed a player in the last 5 or 6 years who has been a dud for them . Dunno how they do it, but they do it well.

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't think Brentford have signed a player in the last 5 or 6 years who has been a dud for them . Dunno how they do it, but they do it well.

They use a mathematical stats based system that was tested by the owner in Denmark when they won the league with Midjjylland, an unfancied team. People were sceptical when trying it at Championship level including Warburton who walked out as manager 

• Like 1

Premier League will fit Bielsa better.

Less games massively beneficial to his intense playing style.

Will they have as good of a season as SU? Probably not. I predict them to finish around 10th-11th

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Â