Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

He finished fourteenth first season at Norwich, failed in the Premier League, and failed at Borussia Mönchengladbach guding them to their worst finish and lowest points total in twelve years for which he was sacked.

So think there are question marks surrounding him and whether he's actually a good manager outside of that very specific Norwich team he had with the likes of Krul, Cantwell, Buendia, Pukki, and so on, sometimes a group of players and a manager can be a very good fit, but when taken out of that system they're not so good elsewhere.

He might do fine, but completely different circumstances at Leeds to what he had at Norwich, also Leeds fans not going to be as patient as Norwich fans were to begin with

• Like 2

I don't think it's a great squad really.

As said before spine of Cooper-Dallas-Harrison-Bamford massively overachieved for a few years under Bielsa and now they're older and demotivated so think it will take six months of turning the squad around. Likes of Jack Harrison and Rodrigo will leave in next month so they'll be short on goals until they make some new signings and defensively they'll concede like they did in the premier league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

He finished fourteenth first season at Norwich, failed in the Premier League, and failed at Borussia Mönchengladbach guding them to their worst finish and lowest points total in twelve years for which he was sacked.

So think there are question marks surrounding him and whether he's actually a good manager outside of that very specific Norwich team he had with the likes of Krul, Cantwell, Buendia, Pukki, and so on, sometimes a group of players and a manager can be a very good fit, but when taken out of that system they're not so good elsewhere.

He might do fine, but completely different circumstances at Leeds to what he had at Norwich, also Leeds fans not going to be as patient as Norwich fans were to begin with

Apparently Webber is joining them soon so maybe will help

Farke is a walking disaster that couldn't organise a defence if his family's lives depended on it.  I operate on the assumption that his promotions with Norwich were "right players, right place, right time" but then look at the shambles they were once they were up.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I don't think it's a great squad really.

As said before spine of Cooper-Dallas-Harrison-Bamford massively overachieved for a few years under Bielsa and now they're older and demotivated so think it will take six months of turning the squad around. Likes of Jack Harrison and Rodrigo will leave in next month so they'll be short on goals until they make some new signings and defensively they'll concede like they did in the premier league.

Ita not for PL but thw championship its very poor. You just have to look at Burnleys squad last season and they walked the league

Do wonder if he has “peaked” with that Norwich side that he got 2 promotions with. Bit like Dean Smith with Villa and hasn’t done particular great since though people will argue the two teams were pretty much relegated anyways. 

Good appointment to get them out the Chanpionship, won’t last long if they do get back into the Premier League. From what I’ve seen in his 2 seasons in the Premier League he isn’t good enough and I don’t think he will get the patience from Leeds fans as he did with Norwich. 

1 hour ago, RichW said:

Do wonder if he has “peaked” with that Norwich side that he got 2 promotions with. Bit like Dean Smith with Villa and hasn’t done particular great since though people will argue the two teams were pretty much relegated anyways. 

Good appointment to get them out the Chanpionship, won’t last long if they do get back into the Premier League. From what I’ve seen in his 2 seasons in the Premier League he isn’t good enough and I don’t think he will get the patience from Leeds fans as he did with Norwich. 

Yeah he seems to be the tier too good for chanpionship but poor at PL level.

But leeds wont care as long as they go up at 1st time of asking. I expect leicester and leeds to walk the league for two autos tbh

Seen comments from Leeds fans saying that Farle will get them back where they belong. 

I assume they mean the Championship, so yes - he should be able to keep them from getting relegated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ita not for PL but thw championship its very poor. You just have to look at Burnleys squad last season and they walked the league

When Burnley came down they sold all of Nick Pope, Tarkowski, Nathan Collins, Dwight McNeill and Max Cornet. Weghorst went out on loan of course.

So they replaced those guys with many players from the Belgian league and young players on loan.

Don't really think Leeds are going to have that sort of turnover and they'll be mainly relying on some of their young players, Charlie Cresswell did well on loan at Millwall so he's ready to play for them and Dramah did well at Luton although seems he wants to leave permanently so interesting how they do.

I think Leeds are far more likely to have a Watford or Norwich season. Neither changed their squad much and neither got that close to the top 6 in the end. If Southampton actually bother to sign some players over 22 they'll finish above Leeds imo.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Strange thing going on where they're losing their players but not getting any money for them because they're going out on loan, Robin Koch to Eintracht Frankfurt, Diego Llorente to Roma, and now Aaronson is going on loan to Union Berlin. Probably going to have to sell one or two of Harrison, Gnonto, Adams, or Summerville just to bring some money in, presuming they don't have loan clauses as well.

Koch loan is strange as he's out of contract with Leeds next summer, so doesn't make any sense for them to loan him out as will mean them losing him on a free next summer, but apparently he and a few of the other players have 'loan clauses' in their contracts which means upon relegation if another club offers to take those players on loan and the player accepts then Leeds have no choice but to accept.

• Haha 2

Â