Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

They're after Robin Koch, a center back from Freiburg. Would assume that goes through as Ben White won't. 

I actually caught a bit of their Athletic writer talking about Bielsa and his style — side note, he seems miles better than our current one 🤣. Apparently many have felt like they have needed another center back since he's been there and he came out and publicly said they didn't. If that's the case, they would be screwed as they only would have 2 center backs. (he's fine with Luke Ayling, a RB, as cover for there which i think is ridiculous). 

If they don't strenghten and Liverpool turn up properly which they have had no European games to distract them. It could be a terrible introduction to top flight. Interesting Norwich had same opening game last season 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If they don't strenghten and Liverpool turn up properly which they have had no European games to distract them. It could be a terrible introduction to top flight. Interesting Norwich had same opening game last season 

Norwich actually made a good account of themselves despite the scoreline.

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Norwich actually made a good account of themselves despite the scoreline.

Wasnt that the Norwich thing for the season until lockdown. They always gave a good showing 

I can see the media saying same shut about Leeds after 6 or 7 straight losses

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

They're after Robin Koch, a center back from Freiburg. Would assume that goes through as Ben White won't. 

I actually caught a bit of their Athletic writer talking about Bielsa and his style — side note, he seems miles better than our current one 🤣. Apparently many have felt like they have needed another center back since he's been there and he came out and publicly said they didn't. If that's the case, they would be screwed as they only would have 2 center backs. (he's fine with Luke Ayling, a RB, as cover for there which i think is ridiculous). 

This isn't ordinarily the case. Berardi would be 3rd choice with Ayling as 4th but Berardi has torn his ACL now so that's pretty much his time with us over.

Struijk is probably 3rd choice now and Bielsa might see that as enough cover

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

This isn't ordinarily the case. Berardi would be 3rd choice with Ayling as 4th but Berardi has torn his ACL now so that's pretty much his time with us over.

Struijk is probably 3rd choice now and Bielsa might see that as enough cover

Do you think that Struijk is enough cover personally? According to wiki he's only played 5 senior games with you.... seems pretty risky. I mean we have 4 senior center backs for villa and there's talk about adding to the room (and that doesn't include u-23 guys). 

And with Berardi, that is definitely a shame. Didn't it happen in the Derby game?

34 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Do you think that Struijk is enough cover personally? According to wiki he's only played 5 senior games with you.... seems pretty risky. I mean we have 4 senior center backs for villa and there's talk about adding to the room (and that doesn't include u-23 guys). 

And with Berardi, that is definitely a shame. Didn't it happen in the Derby game?

Probably not. Hes a CB mostly but he played in Phillips' spot at the back end of the year when he got injured. Looked good but its obviously not too much to go on. Bielsa seems to rate him highly so I can't argue.

If it were up to me we'd need another 4-5 players including a Bamford replacement ASAP but that doesn't look to be the plan. The hope is that the fewer games will benefit the squad and as long as we don't get a lot of injuries the less games should stop us falling off a cliff come April.

Yeah it was sad for Berardi. His contract was up at the end of the season and likely to be renewed, the club are helping with his recovery and I think have him on some sort of reduced deal for the season.

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

They’re after Rodrigo from Valencia, I’ve never seen him play I don’t think but anyone’s better than Bamford surely. 

He is 29 now and his best his past him now.

Looks like they managed to worm their way out of a deal for augstin 

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

They’re after Rodrigo from Valencia, I’ve never seen him play I don’t think but anyone’s better than Bamford surely. 

Brilliant. 

Scored 12 goals in his last 60 games and is 29. Sure he'll set the prem on fire. 

If he’s 29 and past his best, will he have the legs to play the famous Bielsa way, or will he struggle like Augustin did and be money wasted. I really want them to start the season with Bamford up top, I want to see him struggle. 

Not sure what to expect from Leeds.

I can see them actually exceeding expectations if for no other reason than Bielsa will have them working their asses off every minute of every game.

I can also see them getting battered.

Will be interesting to see who they sign.

Edited by MaVilla

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

English Pirlo is the most laughable and cringe-inducing nickname. 

Yorkshire Pirlo. Its a joke that gained some traction online

Â