Maths Detention

CI

Legally, had he waited until her 16th birthday would that mean he could've dated her without breaking the law? Obviously there'd still be issues with bringing a minor abroad without parental permission, but would he have avoided the inevitable sex-register addition to his CV? If so then he's a bit of an idiot as well as the other obvious issues he's dealing with.

silly question of the day -

both of them get passport / customs check and what have you, he's booked 2 tickets with the different names, do they not ever stop and ask what relationship they are? dont get me wrong i know they could come up with some bullshit story to cover it but dont people checking them ever stop and think its a bit fishy? does that change according to ages or is it just something thats never done?

both of them get passport / customs check and what have you, he's booked 2 tickets with the different names, do they not ever stop and ask what relationship they are? dont get me wrong i know they could come up with some bullshit story to cover it but dont people checking them ever stop and think its a bit fishy? does that change according to ages or is it just something thats never done?

What you mean the French Customs checks that usually insist that you approach the desk one person at a time?

It is also not as unusual as you'd think that a 15 year old child travels to France unaccompanied.

It isn't a silly question as I've thought the same thing (and I suppose others have too).

It opens the following possibilities:

- They get through passport checks with him stating that he was her teacher and was on a learning trip

- He stated that he was a "friend of the family" and had parental permission (to which point the check-in clerk smiled and said OK)

- They checked in seperately (in which case why was it OK for her to check-in without an adult / person of responsibility?)

- The check-in clerk did not think to check? (the most probable)

If they travelled on a budget airline and the tickets were booked from different accounts at different times the French Customs also have no way of connecting the two individuals at border control

All the budget airlines usually require beforehand is the name and address of the person dropping the child off at the airport and the name of the person picking them up at the other end. You reckon they verify these details? I don't. Its as simple as a kid forging a letter to school

If they travelled on a budget airline and the tickets were booked from different accounts at different times the French Customs also have no way of connecting the two individuals at border control

All the budget airlines usually require beforehand is the name and address of the person dropping the child off at the airport and the name of the person picking them up at the other end. You reckon they verify these details? I don't. Its as simple as a kid forging a letter to school

They drove to France in his car?

It would have just been a case of him passing two passports through the window to the passport control and her waving to the clerk from the passenger seat before he drives onto the ferry.

They drove to France in his car?

It would have just been a case of him passing two passports through the window to the passport control and her waving to the clerk from the passenger seat before he drives onto the ferry.

I think Bicks was thinking of the the alternative scenario with very much the same outcome. Border control aren't going to be bothered about two (happy looking) people in a car. Also, knowing French border control very well, they aren't going to give a rats arse about who comes through, just as long as they see two valid passports.

Also, but I don't know this, if they do a reg check on the car and see nothing wrong, what can they do? They've got 200 + cars behind them and quick Pernod and croissant to look forward to [/casual racism] .

When I was in 6th form one of the female PE teachers snogged a student at the end of year ball. I don't think anything was officially done about, but she didn't last long after that.

Anyway, I suspect they won't get too far. This lass will come to her sense at some point, she'll miss her family and friends and feel alien in a foreign country.

When I was about 13 at a girls' grammar school in Birmingham, my form teacher and another male teacher were both seeing sixth formers. They even flew out to Italy where the girls were on an A' level field trip to be with them. The Sun found out, we had reporters and photographers outside the school and both left the school pretty quickly (although I'm pretty sure they weren't sacked).

This was before it became illegal for teachers to have relationships with pupils aged 16-18, but I still can't believe it happened so brazenly - we all knew about it for months before they were sacked. One of the girls was our form assistant (every form had a sixth former who helped out with registration etc), and her and the teacher used to disappear into the technology prep room on a fairly regular basis. We all knew not to disturb them. Makes me a feel a bit sick thinking about it now - they were just 16 year old, impressionable kids.

We had an extremely fit female PE teacher at our secondary school, but she was doing one of the other teachers. Tragically she died in a car accident while we were in 6th form. We also had a geography teacher who died in Bali swept away by under currents.

Â