Maths Detention

CI

I'm reminded that Chris Woodhead, the former Chief Inspector of Schools, took the view that sexual relationships between pupils and teachers could be "educative". I'm not sure if he formed this view before, during or after his affair with a girl he used to teach, and who he tried to move into his family home alongside his wife and daughter.

I had my first interview for a teaching job earlier this year. I tried to prepare for the questions they would ask me, but was a little surprised when I was faced with "What would you do if it became clear that a pupil had developed a crush on you?" Needless to say, eloping across the Channel didn't really cross my mind!

The guy has a duty of care to the children he teaches, and he's hardly following that! What he's done is absolute madness really. I don't doubt that he has genuine affection - love, even - for this girl, ditto she for him, but as the wise chemist said earlier in the thread, teenage girls are full of hormones and wild emotions and so for him to take this action is manipulative in my eyes, despite her fully consenting to what's happening.

Is it stated that they have actually HAD sex or is it naive of me to think he is being a gentleman about it and waiting until she is 16?

One of my mates came out with the line "Bah, in the old days she'd have been married off with 3 kids by now".

I think he lives in the 1800s.

In my old school (in Turkey) we'd often have students from bordering countries finish their final year at ours. Some of them were from war-torn states who'd often had their education interupted. So we'd have girls aged around 20-21.

I don't care. They were bang tidy.

However, that is off-topic. I have a feeling that they've fled because they were clost to being found out. There was talk yesterday in the papers about her circle of friends knowing. If they'd been together since 14 then I assume that were looking at the long-term and, naively waiting till she was 16.

I'd have been all too happy for my GCSE Geography teacher to whisk me away to France for sexy time. Rawr.

Wonder what he's up to these days?

Amen to that. Miss Williams you big breasted, bleach-blonde temptress of the Midlands.. Why could our love never have blossomed?

Just had a thought, maybe she's pregnant.

:!:

Girl I work with who is from the same town as me has told me this went on a fair bit at her school, and a large majority of the students knew about it, and pretty much just let them get on with it :|

I am pretty it never happened at my school. There was one male teacher some of the girls fancied (also a Maths teacher, actually (maybe it's an Algebra thing)), and ofc there were the couple of token younger/hot female teachers that the lads drooled over. Or maybe it just passed me by as I was awful naive at that age.

Â