Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

Fair play to them.

Means nothing if these lot end up like bannan and albrighton. The Moore brother won the FA youth cup while Rooney went home empty handed. Didn't mean shit for their future though.

Hopefully we might start seeing a bit more quality from our youth products.

:mellow:

(what's wrong with you?)

Fair play to them.

Means nothing if these lot end up like bannan and albrighton. The Moore brother won the FA youth cup while Rooney went home empty handed. Didn't mean shit for their future though.

:mellow:(what's wrong with you?)

Sorry

I'll go and get my space saved for the open top parade.

I've said fair play, it's a good achievement at their level but for me it's not really worth getting to excited about.

Until they perform at senior level it means nothing.

Fair play to them.

Sorry

I've said fair play, it's a good achievement at their level but for me it's not really worth getting to excited about.

What those lads did this evening represents a superb achievement - what they won today is the biggest trophy in European club youth football. I hope you don't mind if I take the views of the heads of Europe's top football academies over yours? 

Fair play to them.

Sorry

2002 FA youth cup team

Luke Moore, 27 - Swansea (Premier League, League Cup winner)

Liam Ridgewell, 28 - West Brom (Premier League, League Cup winner with Birmingham)

Peter Wittingham, 28  - Cardiff City (Premier League next year)

Steven Davis, 28 - Southampton (Premier League, won League and Cups with Rangers and played in Champions League)

How exactly is this team a failure in any way at senior level? They have had very successful careers at the highest level of the game, which are still on-going

Wittingham is currently playing below his level as Fulham tried to sign him last year, but he committed to Cardiff who are now top of the Championship.

Fair play to them.

Sorry

Sorry but I disagree, thus is something to be positive about. We were written off by everybody today, commentators including and our kids showed something that has been missing in a Villa team for years, balls and a will to win.

We also saw a hungry team who play led with courage and skill. Even if only 2/3 break into the first team, we will be better for it.

Be proud.

Fair play to them.

Sorry

You sir are a parody of yourself. Give the moaning a break for a bit. What drives you as a person to come on to every thread and post constant negative stuff. There is no need for it on this thread. The kids have done well. 

• Like 1

It's a good achievement.

I'm glad they won.

I think a few of them could go on to good things.

But it currently means nothing. Until they start playing well for our first team or are sold for money that helps us improve then it means very little. While the last batch of wonder kids are currently not good enough to keep us away from the relegation zone I'm not going to get too excited about this batch until they come into the first team and show a certain level of quality.

Grealish for the first team.

He needs another year of physical development. 

Now Carruthers, the captain... he could play against Stoke in the CM role he had today. 

Edited by Con

Fair play to them.

Sorry

2002 FA youth cup team

Luke Moore, 27 - Swansea (Premier League, League Cup winner)

Liam Ridgewell, 28 - West Brom (Premier League, League Cup winner with Birmingham)

Peter Wittingham, 28 - Cardiff City (Premier League next year)

Steven Davis, 28 - Southampton (Premier League, won League and Cups with Rangers and played in Champions League)

How exactly is this team a failure in any way at senior level? They have had very successful careers at the highest level of the game, which are still on-going

Wittingham is currently playing below his level as Fulham tried to sign him last year, but he committed to Cardiff who are now top of the Championship.

Do you support aston villa or just youth players in general?

Because how has anything you mentioned there helped Aston Villa. You've mentioned a bunch of highly rated young players who did well at youth level and failed at this club.

Which is exactly my point when talking about the current group.

Fantastic achievement winning such a trophy but right now it means vey little.

I remember the same attitude after winning the peace cup. Haha.

Now Carruthers, the captain... he could play against Stoke in the CM role he had today.

Let me guess.

Not in place of bannan though?

Edited by Big_John_10

I think he was playing as he is related to grealish, and no I don't think carruthers should start against stoke

Let us just rejoice in this result. These Villa lads have taken on the cream of Europe and have emerged victorious. They have spanked Chelsea and Sporting who after their semi-final defeat now join Bayern in 82 in feeling they were the better team but who will read the record books from now on and will see Aston Villa rather than them as trophy winners. I hope some of these lads will make first team players at Villa or failing that at somewhere else and that as holders even the powers that be will see that we merit an invite to whatever the competition may call itself next season to appease the clubs who dominate football at senior level. But that is for the future and this night is for the young Aston Villa side who have won the big one tonight. Well done you Villa lads!       

• Like 2

Let me guess.

Not in place of bannan though?

Maybe even ahead of Bannan.

Over this weekend, Carruthers has show leadership skills as well as a range of abilities, defensively and going forward. He was a revelation in the CM. 

Was able to handle Nathan Ake, one of Chelsea's best prospects.

None of our CMs have completely owned their position. Should be given a chance. Wouldn't be surprised if he was on the bench, at the very least.

Grealish is great but will take more time to mature because of his lack of pace.  He will need to be a bit stronger to glide passed beefier Premier League defenders. If he had pace like Walcott that wouldn't matter.

Edit: Grealish is Great-ish?!
Edited by Con

I don't know if i would start him, but think he would be better option on the bench than KEA

Â