Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Bannan great, El Ahamadi awful, everyone else meh!
what? Bannan has been awful

I disagree

That's fine and I respect that. Just getting frustrated with his hit and hopes and then disappearing in midfield

I often find Bannan tends to go long whenever there is a big target man, he always used to try and hit Heskey. Thats the only problem with someone like Benteke, there is a tendancy to try and hit him all the time instaed of playing football

Were working really hard and its effective here but we have been very poor with the ball this half. We just need to keep it for longer and i think we could turn them over by a few. Were going waaaay too long atm. Benteke proved last week he's actually better to his feet.

Ireland and Vlaar our best in this half for me,

Vlaar has been solid at the back, cleared well and confident on ball,

Ireland great work rate, tried a couple of balls in behind, big part in goal and making good runs in behind,

Bannan I also think is doing ok,

Full backs aren't doing enough for me and forwards need to retain possession better...

happy enough with scoreline though.

Looking from more from holman and KEA (although I feel he has come into it a bit), Ireland needs to make a couple more of the through balls stick but is at least trying them

We did this against Swansea, we had a bit of a nervy start where Swansea had pretty much their best chances of the whole match and then after 30 minutes we got into it, scored and then from then on the match was ours. Seems to be a similar scenario here as well..

None of the midfield four have been quite consistent, but they've all done some decent things and the energy they're producing is good.

The back four look okay, not quite secure, but good enough at the moment.

It's just the front two - in all honesty I wouldn't be unhappy if he replaced them both at half time - we need at least one on who can drop in and get involved in the game in midfield - Weimann isn't particularly creative, but his workrate means he can do that, Gabby can do it and get into wide areas - Bent definitely can't and Benteke doesn't look he's one who'll be looking to link things up. I think we have to look to replace at least one of our front two at half time.