Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

This is what gets me about watching football. Some people saying how great Ireland is. I've found myself screaming at him, for consistently giving the ball away with sloppy play, when in a good position.

Thought Bannan has put in some lovely balls, others have said he's been gash.

Ho-hum.

Like to see Westwood on. But more 'cause I want a good look at him. than anything else.

lucky to be ahead after an awful first half...

luckily southampton have been even worse....

has Lambert told them to hit it long as soon as they get the ball coz we are completely bypassing the midfield to try and hit benteke...

what happened to the pass and move of the previous 2 games?...

Guzan loves a long ball aswell...

positives are that we cant play much worse but we really need to step it up in terms of quality of passing

lucky to be ahead after an awful first half...

luckily southampton have been even worse....

has Lambert told them to hit it long as soon as they get the ball coz we are completely bypassing the midfield to try and hit benteke...

what happened to the pass and move of the previous 2 games?...

Guzan loves a long ball aswell...

positives are that we cant play much worse but we really need to step it up in terms of quality of passing

Have to agree. Dreadful stuff. Painful viewing - even the goal was terrible. The only player with a football brain in the Villa side is Stephen Ireland, everyone else consistently choses the wrong option and then fails to execute the pass. The 'passing' is as bad as I've seen.

Very lucky to be ahead. Need a big improvement in the basics in the second half.