Nintendo Wii U

Si.

Got my wii u at last!! The missus gave me my early bday present with Mario kart woop woop!! But she won't let me play it until my birthday Wednesday.

Gonna get smash brothers any other great games to recommend?

Usual suspects.

Super Mario 3d World

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (if you like difficult platformers)

Hyrule Warriors (if you're a Zelda fanboy and like Dynasty Warriors)

Supposedly Wonderful 101 is good if you can 'get' it, otherwise it seems a bit of a mystery to many.

Bayonetta 2 if you like hack and slash character action stuff (i.e. Devil May Cry). You can get a double pack which includes the first game (which wasn't released on any Nintendo platform) with some Nintendo additions (costumes etc).

Pikmin 3 is an acquired taste but many love it.

Zombi U is about the only survival horror esque game on the system. Apparently has some clever ideas, again a bit love it or hate it.

• Like 2

It's in full HD and looks gorgeous. Plus it has the motion controls/gamepad controls which put it above the original.

On a side note, Mario Kart 8 is still ridiculously good, and I've yet to buy the 16 new tracks and characters (Link is one!).

Edited by Keyblade

Wind Waker you say?  Updated at all, or a straight port?

Port but with some extra bells and whistles.

They fiddled with the graphics (largely I think as a demo into what they might be able to do with the hardware and also to get some experience of stuff like HDR lighting), added in some details like a sail to make sailing less of a hassle, chopped up the Triforce quest from the end of the game, which is notoriously a shit and tedious time waster they threw in when they ran out of time the first time round and had to cut some dungeons, so you can now do it far quicker, and also chucked in a bunch of things using the Gamepad (map screen, shocker, inventory screen, shocker, motion control aiming with the pad, etc).

It's basically a HD tart up with some streamlining. If you liked the game originally it's now utterly gorgeous (not that it wasn't already) and has been improved a bit.

• Like 1

On a side note, Mario Kart 8 is still ridiculously good, and I've yet to buy the 16 new tracks and characters (Link is one!).

links a playable charachter no way?!!

He's a DLC character. They're releasing 2 DLC packs, each containing 3 characters and 8 new tracks and some other bits and bobs. Link's in the first one which they released a month or so back. Theres a deal where you can buy both packs now and get multicoloured Yoshis and Shy Guys as a bonus.

Edited by Chindie

Mario Kart is almost my entire reason for wanting a Wii U. Just not sure I can justify it for that.

If they release N64 tracks as DLC I'm on it.

There are 4 N64 tracks on it already: Yoshi Valley, Toads Turnpike, Royal Raceway and Rainbow Road. There could possibly be one in the upcoming DLC pack.

Right, I swore I'd never give Nintendo another penny, but after having a PS3 for a few years and being a bit underwhelmed by Sony, I'm now ready to go back to my real gaming roots with Nintendo.

Looking into it, it seems that the black version only has the advantage of actually being able to store game data in the console, as the white's 8GB is pointless. But 32GB is not very useful either, so you'll always need an external HDD. I've got a spare 160GB external HDD so that's one thing against the black version.

So I'm thinking of getting the white for £150, then buying MK8. I've already got a few Wii controllers of various types.

Sound about right?

• Like 1

Â