Nintendo Wii U

Si.

RIP Mr Iwatu.

So sad :(

I never completed Skyward Sword 100% so i decided to go back and have a go at it about 2 weeks ago after doing the same for Majora's Mask on the 3DS.

Anyway, I played for an hour most evenings, took a couple of days off here and there, but i ended up finishing the game 100% tonight, the very same day of the Iwata news.

I took this picture as the credits rolled as i thought it was very fitting...

11754471_10153479347020645_7741610221791

I've never been bothered by any other 'celebrity' death, but Iwata really did have a hand in almost all of my favourite games and I found myself welling up a little when I read the Twitter tributes coming through ;(

They need to work out how to clone Miyamoto, I don't know what i'll do when he goes to the last level in the sky.

Iwata seemed to be genuinely nice bloke. He was the most un-CEO like CEO I can recall. The Nintendo Directs, Ask Iwata... How many CEOs do you think you'd see doing this?

iwata_bananas-sig2.png

Hes a huge loss. His final days were spent dealing with the E3 fallout. It was only a few weeks ago hes heading a shareholder call explaining the companies future.

He looked very ill recently but I hadn't thought for a second he was so gravely unwell.

RIP Iwata. Thank you for so many memories.

Edited by Chindie

I'm a bit late to this but it very sad news. Funny that I find myseld playing Ocarina, Smash Bros and Splatoon this week even with everything else to do and play. Maybe he didn't do such a bad job as some have said

• 2 months later...

Any of you wii gamers purcahsed that mario levelk maker?? Looks like real fun am thinking of buying after work

I am an absolutely huge Mario fan (seriously i have like 25 Mario related figurines and plushies and shit just in my living room) so this game was like a dream come true for me... except it isn't Nintendo making the levels it's a bunch of teenagers throwing 25 Thousand enemies at you or making it so that if you jump into an area to explore you cannot get out without killing yourself. On the other hand there are some very very well thought out levels but you have to go through a ton of crap to get to them first. I think once more DLC comes out and they work out a better way to filter the levels that people have made then it will really shine.

100% worth getting, but just be aware that you'll encounter a lot of shit before you find that gem of a level, thankfully you can just hit (-) to skip a level quickly.

Any of you wii gamers purcahsed that mario levelk maker?? Looks like real fun am thinking of buying after work

I am an absolutely huge Mario fan (seriously i have like 25 Mario related figurines and plushies and shit just in my living room) so this game was like a dream come true for me... except it isn't Nintendo making the levels it's a bunch of teenagers throwing 25 Thousand enemies at you or making it so that if you jump into an area to explore you cannot get out without killing yourself. On the other hand there are some very very well thought out levels but you have to go through a ton of crap to get to them first. I think once more DLC comes out and they work out a better way to filter the levels that people have made then it will really shine.

100% worth getting, but just be aware that you'll encounter a lot of shit before you find that gem of a level, thankfully you can just hit (-) to skip a level quickly.

I am actually finding this game a lot of fun. Like you said some people try to make the levels absolutely impossible. But a great thing I have seen some gamers from Japan they say dont move and you literally complete the level without touching the controller. Its actually incredible

The the only three things that disappoint me about this game is you cant choose music, create your own worlds, and own bosses. I think if it had these features it would be abaolsutely amazing. hopefully they will consider this for downloadable content in future

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With reviews of XeonbladeX being absoloutely mega, I'm tempted to pick up a cheap second hand one of these. But then, I have plenty of games to play at the moment anyway, and although a PS4 port is unlikely you never know...

On 1 december 2015 14:03:51, hogso said:

With reviews of XeonbladeX being absoloutely mega, I'm tempted to pick up a cheap second hand one of these. But then, I have plenty of games to play at the moment anyway, and although a PS4 port is unlikely you never know...

Really Pleasanton I got the Mario Maker edition WiiU for my son for Christmas. Will get Mario Kart 8 for the whole family and Xenoblade for myself. Only annoying thing is I have to wait until Christmas ...

On 10/27/2015, 8:45:00, Chewie said:

I made my first Mario Maker Puzzle Level, It called 'Spot the Difference' - D267-0000-00BF-C979

Would love some feedback if anyone is still playing, cheers.

I will have  a look when I next get on! Didnt realise you could search level names

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I will have  a look when I next get on! Didnt realise you could search level names

You can only search via the code as far as i am aware? Unless this was changed in an update?

• 4 months later...

The Wii U is going to be allowed to rot for another year. Nintendo announced, via an investor report, the NX is out next March. The new Zelda is going to be a simultaneous release across both consoles as a launch title. And it also looks like one of the main things people had hopes for with E3, an NX reveal, isn't happening either. 2016 is going to be an even bigger disaster for them than expected, there's nothing coming out.

This is the death throes of this company. The 3DS isn't turning out titles like before either to boost the sales numbers.

Part of me wants Nintendo Consoles to fail, and hope that they concentrate on games, meaning I get to play Zelda games again without having to buy a Nintendo Console solely for that purpose.

• Like 1

You might not have all that much longer to wait.

They're already doing mobile development, its only a matter of time before a Zelda title is on your phone. And the NX is, barring a miracle, going to fail.

Sooner or later they're going to go full on software developer cross party. That Wii money isn't going to last forever.

Â