Nintendo Wii U

Si.

Dry Bowser is part of DLC 2 if thats any help.

I do agree that theres a bit of a lack of variety in the characters, but saying that in Mario Kart that really is cosmetic stuff, ultimately it's the weight class that matters. Saying that, I've got no idea why Nintendo insists on shoving Rosalina in everything. They had enough princesses as it was. Then again sadly I never played either of the Galaxy games so have no connection with her at all.

Then again sadly I never played either of the Galaxy games so have no connection with her at all.

That'd be it. Up there with Marioworld and Mario64 as the best ones. Still time?

• Like 1

Dry Bowser is part of DLC 2 if thats any help.

I do agree that theres a bit of a lack of variety in the characters, but saying that in Mario Kart that really is cosmetic stuff, ultimately it's the weight class that matters. Saying that, I've got no idea why Nintendo insists on shoving Rosalina in everything. They had enough princesses as it was. Then again sadly I never played either of the Galaxy games so have no connection with her at all.

I agree with you about rosalina. one game she has been in and there is enough princesses in it. link in a  welcome addition. pac-man like the old arcade would have been great as well. also some real poor powerups like that boomerang and the plant can actually cause you problems as slows you down so you cant catch anyone

love the gameplay though and tracks are magnificent

• 2 weeks later...

About to go out and get a Wii U. Any tips on the best place to get one? Any good deals anywhere?

Now swung back around to the premium edition with MK8 for £240 ish at Game. Can anyone beat that?

Been seriously underwhelmed with the PS3 over the last couple of years. Never going Xbox so I guess it's back to Nintendo for me.

Went with the white basic from Argos for £145, then got a £15 off package deal for smash Bros. Then also bought mk8. So the 2 best games and the Wii for £217.

I've already got an external HDD and apparently 32GB is still too small? So it went down to the colour and a controller stand for £100 extra..

If you are serious about going digital, the 32gb isn't enough hence my saying consider the cost difference. It's enough for the odd download or DLC.

Otherwise the extra money is the colour, the stand' a sensor bar and for the next couple of days a rebate on digital content. It probably isn't worth it unless you get a good deal.

Difficult to say so far. It's a bit weird having the original Wii software in its entirety inside the Wii U, so you have to boot into the Wii virtual machine to play Wii stuff.

The gamepad is excellent. Great to hold and feels really good.

It's great that all my existing Wii controllers work with it, and that every game supports pretty much every control scheme going.

Can't get the kids off smash brothers so far. MK8 looks fantastic but haven't had chance to play it yet.

Will try doing the Wii transfer for all my existing VC games later on. The plugging in and formatting of my USB HDD was simplicity and it seems to want to put stuff on that by default now.

Got to buy some more games though. I need Mario platformers! Hopefully I can just digitally buy and download a la steam.

i love the fact you can play original wii games on it and use the controllers unlike ps4 and xbox 1

i would recommend mario brothers wii u, its 2d platformer but fun as hell with friends (or the kids in your case)

also agree with you love the gamepad thought it might be difficult at first but so simple and enjoyable

I treated myself to one of these the other day and love it. If they made it as powerful as the other consoles then it would be up there with the PS4 IMO. Great bit of kit but the lack of 3rd party stuff is killing the console.

MK8 is awesome, best MK I've played, the only disappointment for me is the N64 Rainbow Road that they've remade, I'm not a fan, way too short.

Anyone who wants to lose to me online on MK8 can PM me :P

I  only really judge a console on it's games - and more specifically it's exclusives - as I'm not overly interested in what else they can or can't do. And as the Wii U has had 3 exclusives (Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros) in umpteen top 10 lists for games of the year I've seen, then, yeah I guess it is a good console, although I've never even touched one.

• Like 1

Kjt as a wii u user what kind of games do you like? Are you more of a solo player or do you enjoy playing with friends?

Do you enjoy party games/platformer/racing games?

Kjt as a wii u user what kind of games do you like? Are you more of a solo player or do you enjoy playing with friends?

Do you enjoy party games/platformer/racing games?

• 2 weeks later...

Galaxy 2, Metroid trilogy and DK Country Returns are all £8.99 each to download on the Wii U

I think Metroid works with the game pad too and you don't have to annoyingly put the console in 'Wii' mode to play them

Â