Nintendo Wii U

Si.

Our Wii has had a bit of a renaissance and the kids can't stop playing Mario Kart again.

Considering a Wii U now but they're still bloody expensive. And you apparently have to buy loads of extras e.g. another controller straight away and other bits.

Plus since I've always been a massive Nintendo fanboy, they really let me down with how retarded they've been with online services from the Wii onwards. So now I'm not sure I want anything to do with them.

Wii U is still the best of the new consoles to buy in terms of games

Considering a Wii U now but they're still bloody expensive. And you apparently have to buy loads of extras e.g. another controller straight away and other bits.

You might need to buy a Wii Remote and nunchuk depending on the games you buy, but almost all the main titles don't need them

cant you use the old wii controllers on the wii u?

i agree darren its still over £200 which i think is expensive considering the ps4 and xbox1 are out

i have to admit out of all games i do like the mario kart and other mario titles #big kid

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

looks like im getting one of these bad boys an dmario kart for my bday cant wait!

can you play original wii games on a wii u?

Yes, but you have to launch the Wii U into a "Wii" mode (which looks much the same as the Wii menu, with none of the awesome weather/news apps working) and launch the game disk from there.

1 word of caution though.  If you transfer all your save data and miis from your old Wii console to the Wii U - whilst you'll be able to access your saved data, none of your old miis will be available.  Incredibly frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the one player adventure on the last smash brothers was really enjoyable. was walking past game and there is a large selection of good wii u games out there which is suprising for nintendo as they usually are slow as snails at releasing titles

• 2 weeks later...
Â