(The Villatalk Meme Thread)

islingtonclaret

Anything remotely Scottish being referred to as 'Scotch'.

I've started doing it regularly, but I think it was GazRDR that started it on here, the big sweaty ball of man love.

It's from Darkplace innit like?

It originated from me enquiring about the use of the word 'Scotch' on the 'Things you often wonder' thread and then you started relentlessly hammering Troon with it  :lol:

Edit: Or so I thought.

Edited by Wainy316

Anything remotely Scottish being referred to as 'Scotch'.

I've started doing it regularly, but I think it was GazRDR that started it on here, the big sweaty ball of man love.

It's from Darkplace innit like?

It originated from me enquiring about the use of the word 'Scotch' on the 'Things you often wonder' thread and then you started relentlessly hammering Troon with it  :lol:

Edit: Or so I thought.

I thought I pointed out that Scotch people hate being called Scotch? Troon was ready to get on the first train out of Scotchland and knack me with a hammer, after I called him Scotch. I also thought I'd invented Scotch porridge too though (putting Scotch Whiskey into porridge) (sorry donnie), but it turns out that it's already a brand of porridge.  

I have noticed the (sorry donnie) thing catching on, but I can even remember the original context of how it started. It was the Scotch thread wasn't it?

'Piss you off thread', I think. He mentioned that people had been using brackets, and he didn't like it. A few people gave examples of when brackets are acceptable, then I said '(sorry for using brackets donnie)' and the funtimes haven't stopped since then.

• Like 1

Off the back of this site I always refer to anything scottish as scotch and to up the jolitty at work, I make a point of referring to nottingham forest as notts forest, the supporters love that. Try it.

It does make me a little sad that '(sorry donnie)' has kind of overshadowed 'donnie's theory of multiple user accounts', though.

I know VA and 8pints feel the same way (don't ask me how), (sorry donnie).

And don't forget his quest to be a mod.

Whenever there's a post with brackets being used absolutely legitimately and not at all in an attempt to make the poster look more intelligent... he'll be there.

Whenever there's a platform for someone to put themselves forward as a moderator despite the fact they break site rules themselves and would be a very bad choice and that the site doesn't need another mod... he'll be there.

Whenever there are a few users who are genuinely different people who just enjoy each other's conversation and aren't actually a single, sad loser with multiple accounts trying to make themselves look like they have friends which could only be created in the mind of someone incredibly paranoid and cynical... he'll be there.

• Like 3

Â