Media and punditry

BOF

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

BBC coverage is infuriating me. Not one commentator or pundit has questioned the goalkeeping on the last two france goals.

And Alan Shearer showing a fundamental misunderstanding of VAR and how it's applied.

That's standard for Shearer, i get the impression he's always been against it without having bothered to actually learn the process behind it.

He's also one of the first to complain 'how the ref didn't spot that' if something gets missed in a game.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yeah i heard that too! that the **** does that even mean?!

ended up with BBC because i cant stand hoddle but keown was utter garbage again and the studio analysis was really poor

at least they discovered mbappe about 10 years younger than they discovered pirlo

One of weirdest things ever. Was like Pirlo a mystery before 2012.

He only had world cup, champions league and serie a on his cv

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One of weirdest things ever. Was like Pirlo a mystery before 2012.

He only had world cup, champions league and serie a on his cv

i couldnt work out if they were pandering to the crowd, the problem being he was what 35? played against english teams in the CL how many times (including the CL final vs liverpool), like you say already won the WC winning man of the match in the final, played in about 6 tournaments

everyone knew who he was but the reaction was like he was an 18 year old from north korea

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i couldnt work out if they were pandering to the crowd, the problem being he was what 35? played against english teams in the CL how many times (including the CL final vs liverpool), like you say already won the WC winning man of the match in the final, played in about 6 tournaments

everyone knew who he was but the reaction was like he was an 18 year old from north korea

Reminds me that xavi photo on daily mail about 2009. Best players in world and xavi

Him and pirlo were artists who never lost the ball, english media dont appreciate these players. Could say same with scholes who was really underrated compared to lampard and gerrard when he was easily the better player but not as flashy

Graeme Souness really is miserable old git.

His post game analysis of the final is just strange. OK he wanted Croatia to win but he must have lost money on it or something.

Wow was he bitter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

His post game analysis of the final is just strange. OK he wanted Croatia to win but he must have lost money on it or something.

Wow was he bitter.

He hates Pogba. Probably the reason 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Wow was he bitter.

Paid to watch football, and he looked as if his dog just died.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ray Hudson is surely the worst on american TV, pretty convinced he knows everyone takes the mick out of his commentaries and deliberately does it that way.

I think he just tries to be the football equivalent of Sid Waddell 

So Sky have lost La Liga, Eredivise and Chinese Super League to Eleven Sports whilst BT have lost Serie A and Ligue 1 to them as well.

Expect prices for Sky and BT to go up in the near future though...

‘I DON’T LIKE WOLVES’ – BT SPORT PUNDIT STEVE MCMANAMAN MAKES OFF-MIC GAFFE AT MOLINEUX (VIDEO

Capture-9.jpg

Wolves and Everton played out a highly entertaining 2-2 draw at Molineux in Saturday’s late Premier League game.

The game was broadcast on BT, with pundit and ex-Liverpool legend Steve McManaman arguably showing a little bias towards fellow Merseysiders Everton rather than Wolves.

McManaman was adamant that Phil Jagielka’s lunge on Diogo Jota didn’t warrant a red card, despite the obvious dangerous and wreckless nature of the challenge.

Indeed, after the final whistle, the former Real Madrid man was heard saying “I don’t like Wolves” as Mick McCarthy discussed the game, presumably after thinking his mic was switched off…

At least we think it was McManaman.

Maybe we only caught a snippet of the whole sentence in which he actually said “I don’t like Wolves… being criticised. They are totally amazing and brilliant and all that stuff”.

Or maybe not.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/276781/i-dont-like-wolves-bt-sport-pundit-steve-mcmanaman-makes-off-mic-gaffe-at-molineux-video.html

Â