Media and punditry

BOF

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Appreciate Gary Lineker opening his interview with Unai by saying Buenas Tardes. 

Reveal hidden contents

Good Evening

I'd imagine he picked up at least some rudimentary Spanish when playing for Barcelona? Although it should probably have been Catalan

Our performances are killing em. We're finding our feet and the old school network doesn't like it.

If we continue to be top 6 then they will have to draft some ex villa players or managers into the fold and that means one or more of em losses a table at the top. 

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

Our performances are killing em. We're finding our feet and the old school network doesn't like it.

If we continue to be top 6 then they will have to draft some ex villa players or managers into the fold and that means one or more of em losses a table at the top. 

I don't think they care as long as the money rolls in tbfh.

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think they care as long as the money rolls in tbfh.

If an ex Manu or Chelsea player doesn't get called on to talk about their game because an ex villa player is on talking about ours then the money will stop and the "big top 6 media cartel" is challenged 

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Headlines and text all from BBC articles on recent wins by Arsenal, Liverpool and Villa against lower table opposition. Can't help but feel that there's a different tone to how we are being reported on!🤔

BBC.jpg

Ours and the Arsenal one are basically identical, no? Just the managers saying different things (“showing spirit” vs “struggle”). The BBC article (as you’ve quoted BBC here) is “Aston Villa ‘struggle’ but title challenge grows” - they’re talking about us being title challengers!

I have no idea why we’re so obsessed with this stuff. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Ours and the Arsenal one are basically identical, no? Just the managers saying different things (“showing spirit” vs “struggle”). The BBC article (as you’ve quoted BBC here) is “Aston Villa ‘struggle’ but title challenge grows” - they’re talking about us being title challengers!

I have no idea why we’re so obsessed with this stuff. 

It's a subtle difference but the perception is definitely different for us vs the established teams up there, IMO. I'm not insulted by it, but I find it interesting. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tinker said:

If an ex Manu or Chelsea player doesn't get called on to talk about their game because an ex villa player is on talking about ours then the money will stop and the "big top 6 media cartel" is challenged 

Yet it used to be the top 2 cartel. Then the top 4. Now it's the top 6. And the PL is making more and more money than ever.

The problem is, with there world wide fan base, Man City, Arsenal and LIverpool get the worlds eyes on the Premier League, Villa don't. Which is why they don't shut up about Chelsea and Man U still, even though at the moment they are going nowhere.

Swap Chealsea or Man U for our position and exact results, an they wouldn't shut up about them fighting for the title, it's all wrong really, but who really cares.

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

MOTD say Duran dived, that may be so but if it was Squealy Saka or Rat Boy they’d be “clever”.

Begining to dispise Saka, he'd get away with a leg breaker, but touch his arm and he screams little a little girl expecting a red. I even think he's a little overrated, good player, but couldn't win a game on his own, like a Salah, an would you swap him for Watkin's??

10 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'd imagine he picked up at least some rudimentary Spanish when playing for Barcelona? Although it should probably have been Catalan

He's pretty fluent in Spanish, saw him interview a golfer in spanish at the US masters before. I also think Spanish is widely spoken throughout Spain, even in Barcelona and the Basque region. If you go to Bilbao very few people speak in Basque and pretty much all the young people talk in Spanish. 

10 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

He's fluent.  I believe he has Japanese down to at least a conversational level too.   

• Like 1

Â