Media and punditry

BOF

3 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Did they even mention that we're in the title race during the analysis or is it all about how hard done by Arsenal were?

No mention of how well villa played, or how they are challenging or praise from the 2 games against city and arsenal. They did do a clip on Mcginn giving him some praise.

Edited by lainux
  • Like 1

Just now, lainux said:

No mention of how well villa played, or how they are challenging or praise from the 2 games against city and arsenal. They did do a clip on Mcginn though giving him some praise though 

Yeah I just wanted to check I didn't miss something. But no it was as one sided as I'd imagined. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Brought it here so as to not sully Unai’s thread.

Looking at his video titles alone…

Three weeks ago - “Chelsea are back!!!!”

Also three weeks ago (after the above) - “Chelsea to be relegated!?”

Maybe he’s just being reactionary because it’s his team. Fair enough.

On Spurs 1 month ago it literally goes -

“I’m worried about Spurs”

“Can Tottenham win the league?”

“Chelsea will finish above Tottenham”

“Tottenham’s season is over”

Literally in the space of about a week.

I’m fine with people changing their mind over time when the situation changes, but come on, all of that is just rendered meaningless. Why should I listen to someone’s opinion when it’s going to completely change a week later? It’s worthless.

I can see why people find Jennings engaging, so if you do fair enough. But I’m of the opinion he’s typical of the reactionary, what will get me views, Chelsea finishing 10th is dull so I need to make it sound like relegation is a legitimate threat…

In fairness he’s not the only one, he’s more successful than most, so fair enough.

I am sure that he will change v soon. Thats his job. Get interested parties subscribing. At the moment we are fresh news so he is going to go over the  top in his congratulations. He is better than others because he does the research . I am sure on Monday he will be comparing Villa being 2nd in the 2023 table with Chelsea being 15th or something. 

21 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Actually wasn't a bad review of the main decisions in our game. About right. 

Really? they basically said that the Jesus coming together with Luiz should have been a penalty and the Havertz triple handball shouldn't have been and the goal should have been given. They spouted bollocks from what I heard. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Really? they basically said that the Jesus coming together with Luiz should have been a penalty and the Havertz triple handball shouldn't have been and the goal should have been given. They spouted bollocks from what I heard. 

For the penalty, Wright said it was and Jenas said it wasn't...then they summarised it as "seen them given as the bar for contact is so low these days." Seems a fair comment and I agree with them. Indeed, Palace got one for the same thing today.

For the handball, they said "correct decision but silly rule." I can mostly agree with that. Bournemouth's disallowed goal today for the same thing highlights that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Guess who’s first on MOTD?

Not the **** Villa of course.

words removed.

Tbf, Villa winning at home isn't much to write home about as we do it every week. Bournemouth winning at Man United for the first time in their history was a "shock" result and deserved to be 1st. Surprised our routine win was as high as 2nd if anything. 

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Lineker started the piece saying something like 'I really don't like VAR and I feel guilty for having advocated for it.' But VAR didn't change anything, only upheld the ref's decisions (which were correct). So the conversation was already slanted towards 'VAR has screwed Arsenal again' even before Wrighty went into his diatribe. 

We all feel like this about it though, don't we?!

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Without VAR today arsenal would have had no penalty and a disallowed goal. 

Then the talking point would have been "did the ref get it wrong" and "we needed VAR". Same discussion, different target.

Edited by a-k
  • Like 1

Â