Media and punditry

BOF

Some more classics from Crooks:

Manager Unai Emery's insistence on playing three central defenders has released Cash to play in a more adventurous role

Insistence? Wasn't that the first time this season?

Haaland may have missed a hatful of chances in the first half at Sheffield United and a 37th-minute penalty

That's team of the week quality?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66635576

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Jamie Carragher embarrassed himself yesterday talking about Van Dijk.

In general I dislike him but his match and tactical analysis tend to be good.

If I didn't know who he was I would have guessed at some plastic fan off RAWK. His basic argument is that you don't know what happens next because VVD prevents it 🤡.

Edited by luckyeddie

10 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

In yet more blatant media bias, a villa player wins the PFA women’s player of the year award and yet the lead interview and BBC main page link is with the Chelsea player winning the young player award: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66650727

I couldn't find a picture of Daly there so I'm not sure if she attended

On 28/08/2023 at 11:40, luckyeddie said:

If I didn't know who he was I would have guessed at some plastic fan off RAWK. His basic argument is that you don't know what happens next because VVD prevents it 🤡.

I took a look at RedmenTV live stream to see what they said about the red card...they agreed it was a red when they saw van Djik go though Isak first, so a fan channel was less partisan than carragher.

• Like 1

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Stuart Broad on his debut is far more knowledgeable, unbiased & articulate than the retired footballers on the panel. (But let's not start a debate about public v private school educations...)

He wont be seen again, they dont like that attitude on Sky

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â