Media and punditry

BOF

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool are also in Europe and have weakened there squad 😜

Part of his reasoning with Villa (and presumably Newcastle) rightly or wrongly was that the players wouldn't be used to playing so many matches

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Part of his reasoning with Villa (and presumably Newcastle) rightly or wrongly was that the players wouldn't be used to playing so many matches

Its true we only have 2 maybe 3 Europa League winners and players that played in Europe for other clubs.

Also i suppose an inexperienced manager as well 😜

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its true we only have 2 maybe 3 Europa League winners and players that played in Europe for other clubs.

Also i suppose an inexperienced manager as well 😜

Don't expect pundits to let facts get in the way of their narrative 😅

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/aaron-ramsdale-premier-league-arsenal-soccer-england

Thoroughly enjoyed this article. Think a few of our lot could learn a thing or two about how the players see us when they get abused:

"Yeah, you had a few idiots on the Internet chatting shit. Who cares? The real supporters have your back."

So many sad parts of the article that really show how footballers are just not the robots people want them to be.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

So piece on sky sports 2 pundits had us as their picks for overachievers for this premier league season.

Absolutely no one had us in their top 5...

How can we be the biggest overachievers of the season and finish where did last year?

• Like 1

Soccer Saturday Live Scores on Sky seems to get worse every season.

We now have to endure a SPL game on the panel (no one really cares)

We now have Mike Dean on the panel, Mike fcuking Dean !!!! telling us there's a hand ball ffs

and Merson continues to be the court jester, aided and abetted by Clinton Morrison...oh, and gets caught out eating again 

i really wish there was a better alternative

21 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Soccer Saturday Live Scores on Sky seems to get worse every season.

We now have to endure a SPL game on the panel (no one really cares)

We now have Mike Dean on the panel, Mike fcuking Dean !!!! telling us there's a hand ball ffs

and Merson continues to be the court jester, aided and abetted by Clinton Morrison...oh, and gets caught out eating again 

i really wish there was a better alternative

Radio?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

Pat Nevin after the match 

Villa won't be in any danger, they'll probably finish top half again. 

What. A. clearing in the woods.

We just got smashed 5-1 and lost our most influential player. It a valid comment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We just got smashed 5-1 and lost our most influential player. It a valid comment

As shit as the result was, I'm not accepting 'probably finish top half' as a valid commentary on where we're at, at the minute...just in the same way I'm not having the 'Newcastle are going to push City all the way' nonsense. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mantis said:

I find the Newcastle love-in among the media types very weird. Brentford and Brighton I totally get, but Newcastle are objectively neither underdogs nor particularly likeable.

They aren’t likeable, but the media hark back to the Keegan days and think they are still everyone’s second club (not that ever were)

Edited by mikeyp102

Sturidge is now a regular pundit on sky, cringeworthy as usual from him started to sing some usher song, bad enough we have Karen Carney in the studio tomorrow for monday night football, that will be switched on just before ko

https://x.com/skysportspl/status/1690798971386580992?s=46&t=s_7OtdZds_V67j7otBzxig

Edited by rbcuk

Â