Media and punditry

BOF

11 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I quite like White and Jordan, mainly for Simon Jordan. Laura Woods and McCoist are listenable too. However, Alan Brazil is a buffoon, Gabby is an embarrassment as a Villa representative (the sooner someone overtakes him as our leading Prem scorer the better). Hate the pair of idiots in the afternoon - Hawksbee and Jacob’s I think it is. Terrible. I selectively listen to the people I’m interested in - but agree most of their presenters are trash. 

Fingers crossed for Watkins to score 44 next season

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

About the only thing good about Talk Sport 

I've never listened to it in my life and wouldn't even know where to find it, but I find it odd that so many people listen to it, yet have nothing but bad things to day about it. 

Why doe people listen to a station they hate? From what I gather, it's just a bunch of wind up merchants who are paid specifically for the purpose of being overly controversial to get people angry so they call in and make more entertaining radio.

Is that about right? If so, what's the point and why does anyone listen to it at all?

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Easily the worse pundit out there, cant stand her 

She was Sporting Director at Villa Women and just admitted to getting friends at other clubs to try and manipulate our owners.

Scumbag.

16 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

She was Sporting Director at Villa Women and just admitted to getting friends at other clubs to try and manipulate our owners.

Scumbag.

It’s also complete nonsense as there is hardly any transfer fees in women’s football, especially when she was at us. Tool of the highest order 

Simon Jordon mentioned it today on Talkshite, although he couldn't bring himself to even talk about it, due to the utter nonsense of it, an I guess having to disrespect Eni on live radio. No doubt, she is yet another commentator to just make up the diversity numbers.

49 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Simon Jordon mentioned it today on Talkshite, although he couldn't bring himself to even talk about it, due to the utter nonsense of it, an I guess having to disrespect Eni on live radio. No doubt, she is yet another commentator to just make up the diversity numbers.

She made a stupid comment. But there are plenty of stupid white blokes who act as pundits so why reference the “diversity numbers”? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

She made a stupid comment. But there are plenty of stupid white blokes who act as pundits so why reference the “diversity numbers”? 

Why not?

She also got sacked from the Villa, sued the FA, fell out with her team mates. Not really a great CV for a commentator. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why not?

She also got sacked from the Villa, sued the FA, fell out with her team mates. Not really a great CV for a commentator. 

She wasn't sacked by us

Alan Brazil is absolutely shite. Arrogant know it all who's career highlight was finishing second to us and being Scotland's like 6th choice striker. Worse was a few years ago when he was basically bragging to Ginola who'd just come back from his heart attack that he has a checkup and there was 'nowt' wrong with his heart. Stopped listening after that

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Worse was a few years ago when he was basically bragging to Ginola who'd just come back from his heart attack that he has a checkup and there was 'nowt' wrong with his heart. Stopped listening after that

He's a picture of health mate

0-Alan-Brazil-2.jpg

I get the feeling Eni Aluko isn't particularly well liked in the women's game. Not many people were backing her in her racism case against the old manager, even when she won. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Alan Brazil is absolutely shite. Arrogant know it all who's career highlight was finishing second to us and being Scotland's like 6th choice striker. Worse was a few years ago when he was basically bragging to Ginola who'd just come back from his heart attack that he has a checkup and there was 'nowt' wrong with his heart. Stopped listening after that

The two mikes were good value as well before they fell out

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Why not?

'Why not' is a childs response.  Especially followed by a a bunch of words that do not even remotely address the initial question

Weak

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Harkanon said:

'Why not' is a childs response.  Especially followed by a a bunch of words that do not even remotely address the initial question

Weak

Well it was close to factual. If you listened today, (although I doubt you even listened previous), she got ripped apart by Simon Jordon, got tied up in knots changing her story. Yes other pundits say stupid things, but generally back them up, she fell apart today.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Well it was close to factual. If you listened today, (although I doubt you even listened previous), she got ripped apart by Simon Jordon, got tied up in knots changing her story. Yes other pundits say stupid things, but generally back them up, she fell apart today.

Does the last part really happen? Many clueless opinions in football are rarely called out

Last week Danny Murphy called Gerrard a coach for example

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â