Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Everyone has a right to have a go at a manager, however when a person has a go at his every decision, writing off his signings, his tactics, saying we were outplayed in wins, complaining at who we didn't sign, Your opinion of the manager effectively becomes worthless.

So there is a quota of how many decisions by the manager can be crticised before your opinion becomes worthless?

Okey Dokey!

No not a quota, as such more like we know you don't like Lambert, we know it, so anything Lambert does you will knock it anyway. If we beat someone, it'll be about how the other team was so bad. You made a statement there about favouritism, and it proves that very point, another fan could say its loyalty he is showing to players like Westwood and Weimann, knowing they will come good. You say favouritism, if he shown favouritism surely KEA wouldn't be in the side with the majority wanting Sylla in the side.

Except that I have never once called for Lambert to go. I back him but remain unconvinced by him.

As for the favoritism argument, if it were about showing loyalty then he wouldn't have dropped Lowton. Puting an out of form Westwood back into the team after the midfield three played well enough against Man City is just blatant favoritism however you may try and spin it. Same goes for keeping an abject Weimann in the team week-upon-week when Lowton was dropped for less.

We had 33% possession against City. Generally we have more possession with Westwood in the team. I don'f agree with this favouritism thing. 

Everyone has a right to have a go at a manager, however when a person has a go at his every decision, writing off his signings, his tactics, saying we were outplayed in wins, complaining at who we didn't sign, Your opinion of the manager effectively becomes worthless.

So there is a quota of how many decisions by the manager can be crticised before your opinion becomes worthless?

Okey Dokey!

No not a quota, as such more like we know you don't like Lambert, we know it, so anything Lambert does you will knock it anyway. If we beat someone, it'll be about how the other team was so bad. You made a statement there about favouritism, and it proves that very point, another fan could say its loyalty he is showing to players like Westwood and Weimann, knowing they will come good. You say favouritism, if he shown favouritism surely KEA wouldn't be in the side with the majority wanting Sylla in the side.

Except that I have never once called for Lambert to go. I back him but remain unconvinced by him.

As for the favoritism argument, if it were about showing loyalty then he wouldn't have dropped Lowton. Puting an out of form Westwood back into the team after the midfield three played well enough against Man City is just blatant favoritism however you may try and spin it. Same goes for keeping an abject Weimann in the team week-upon-week when Lowton was dropped for less.

We had 33% possession against City. Generally we have more possession with Westwood in the team. I don'f agree with this favouritism thing.

37% possession against Spurs. I rest my case... Edited by Isa

You seriously thought it was just you? Have you opened this thread recently? Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm pretty sure at least half if not the majority of us think he has been very poor recently.

You seriously thought it was just you? Have you opened this thread recently? Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm pretty sure at least half if not the majority of us think he has been very poor recently.

I'm talking more about him being overrated and only in the team due to favoritism rather then acceptance that he is in poor form.

I'd just like a midfielder who doesn't have legs like a chickens. Not too much to ask is it? When I see KEA and Westwood together I just think of the opposition rubbing there hands.

Where's our Diame, Tiote, Sandro, or Wanyama?

No idea what Sylla has got to do to get a game

Weak as piss our midfield

I'd just like a midfielder who doesn't have legs like a chickens. Not too much to ask is it? When I see KEA and Westwood together I just think of the opposition rubbing there hands.

The whole squad is weak apart from Benteke and perhaps Guzan. I've said it before, There's a touch of the 'emperors new clothes' syndrome about Villa under Lambert/Lerner. The players at the club aren't 'young and hungry' gems, they're just cheap. And that's what Lerner's new Villa is all about. Cheap.

And of course the proof is in the pudding.

• Like 2

The whole squad is weak apart from Benteke and perhaps Guzan. I've said it before, There's a touch of the 'emperors new clothes' syndrome about Villa under Lambert/Lerner. The players at the club aren't 'young and hungry' gems, they're just cheap. And that's what Lerner's new Villa is all about. Cheap.

You're right. We've had a really easy start to the season and we're in the relegation zo--

Oh.

• Like 2

You're right. We've had a really easy start to the season and we're in the relegation zo--

Oh.

Stop using logic and reason...  ;)

Okey Dokey!

37% possession against Spurs. I rest my case...

Most of their posession was in there own half - it doesnt't tell the story of the game.

he always keeps the ball moving. 

I must be missing something because we rarely keep it for more than 2 or 3 passes. Certainly didnt on Sunday where the entire team was poor with the ball, really poor. Not that that was a surprise mind.

he always keeps the ball moving. 

I must be missing something because we rarely keep it for more than 2 or 3 passes. Certainly didnt on Sunday where the entire team was poor with the ball, really poor. Not that that was a surprise mind.

Very true and that's the whole team that's responsible for that and not just the midfield. Our defenders often hoof the ball up the pitch bypassing the midfield. Even Guzan kicks more than he throws and it mormally comes straight back as Kozak rarely wins anything. It should help a bit with Benteke back in the team. It will be interesting to see how much possession we have against Everton.