Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I felt this way all through last season as well, I just don`t see it. Not gonna force my opinion on someone else. With that said, I hope he proves me wrong as there is nothing better than that. And I am pretty sure he will get plenty of more gametime here

and you can guarantee he will be in the starting 11 saturday no matter what many of the fans think of him on here.

Yes, it is called favoritism.

We all thought Lowton was a favourite lets not forget.

Lowton and Clark proved it isnt though credit to Clark he got his way back into the team

Westwood was great last season and great in pre-season. He didn't start that sharp, but it's to be expected in games against Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. He then picked up a knock, missed a couple of games and looked like he wasn't fully fit against Hull. Sunday, he wasn't great and I'll admit that, but the amount of negativity in this, thread about him is staggering. He's obviously a decent player, as shown last year. It's not surprise that with the team's football in general being worse this year than last*, Westwood isn't seeing as much of the ball. When he does get it, he's still as tidy as ever but the issue is, when he isn't getting the ball he looks like a passenger. Stick Carrick in the midfield of Stoke under Pulis and he'd look shite (not to the same level either way as we don't play as bad football as Stoke did and Westy isn't anywhere near as good as Carrick).

Cracking player, possibly not right for us at the moment. Saying that I'd have him over KEA.

*last 2/3 months

• Like 1

westwood is a tricky one, he needs to step up or get changed out. PaulC brings brings up a good point, no reasonable replacement.

if we dont get another midfielder come january im going to cry.

Yes he should have signed a playmaker in the summer.

and you can guarantee he will be in the starting 11 saturday no matter what many of the fans think of him on here.

Hahaha this is ridiculous. Lambert should be logging on to VT to see how to set the team up for the weekend? Grow up. There is a reason he is where he is and we are all siting behind a keyboard.

We all thought Lowton was a favourite lets not forget.

Clearly not as much of a favorite as Westwood or Weimann.

Hahaha this is ridiculous. Lambert should be logging on to VT to see how to set the team up for the weekend? Grow up. There is a reason he is where he is and we are all siting behind a keyboard.

Another poster who doesn't believe fans have any right to question the selection and decisions made by the manager. Again begs the question why you even bother to come on a fans forum?

Everyone has a right to have a go at a manager, however when a person has a go at his every decision, writing off his signings, his tactics, saying we were outplayed in wins, complaining at who we didn't sign, Your opinion of the manager effectively becomes worthless.

Everyone has a right to have a go at a manager, however when a person has a go at his every decision, writing off his signings, his tactics, saying we were outplayed in wins, complaining at who we didn't sign, Your opinion of the manager effectively becomes worthless.

So there is a quota of how many decisions by the manager can be crticised before your opinion becomes worthless?

Okey Dokey!

Westwood was great last season and great in pre-season. He didn't start that sharp, but it's to be expected in games against Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. He then picked up a knock, missed a couple of games and looked like he wasn't fully fit against Hull. Sunday, he wasn't great and I'll admit that, but the amount of negativity in this, thread about him is staggering. He's obviously a decent player, as shown last year. It's not surprise that with the team's football in general being worse this year than last*, Westwood isn't seeing as much of the ball. When he does get it, he's still as tidy as ever but the issue is, when he isn't getting the ball he looks like a passenger. Stick Carrick in the midfield of Stoke under Pulis and he'd look shite (not to the same level either way as we don't play as bad football as Stoke did and Westy isn't anywhere near as good as Carrick).

Cracking player, possibly not right for us at the moment. Saying that I'd have him over KEA.

*last 2/3 months

Agree with most of that Stefan - only thing I'd say is that good players should be able to impose themselves on a game regardless. i.e make themselves available and stop the defenders having to play hoofball, they did that because Tottenham really narrowed the space and Westwood (or KEA/Delph) didn't give them an out ball.

I think Carrick is now experienced enough to the point where he would in my opinion be able to impose himself even if he were playing for Stoke.

I take the point about him coming back from injury and I'm a little unsure on what I'd do for the next game. He looked short on confidence to me against Spurs and I think the added physicality of Sylla could be very beneficial against a strong Everton midfield.

However we need to keep the ball when we've got it and I'm not sure Sylla is going to be the better option there. Rock and hard place.

So there is a quota of how many decisions by the manager can be crticised before your opinion becomes worthless?

Okey Dokey!

No not a quota, as such more like we know you don't like Lambert, we know it, so anything Lambert does you will knock it anyway. If we beat someone, it'll be about how the other team was so bad. You made a statement there about favouritism, and it proves that very point, another fan could say its loyalty he is showing to players like Westwood and Weimann, knowing they will come good. You say favouritism, if he shown favouritism surely KEA wouldn't be in the side with the majority wanting Sylla in the side.

Okey Dokey!

No not a quota, as such more like we know you don't like Lambert, we know it, so anything Lambert does you will knock it anyway. If we beat someone, it'll be about how the other team was so bad. You made a statement there about favouritism, and it proves that very point, another fan could say its loyalty he is showing to players like Westwood and Weimann, knowing they will come good. You say favouritism, if he shown favouritism surely KEA wouldn't be in the side with the majority wanting Sylla in the side.

Except that I have never once called for Lambert to go. I back him but remain unconvinced by him.

As for the favoritism argument, if it were about showing loyalty then he wouldn't have dropped Lowton. Puting an out of form Westwood back into the team after the midfield three played well enough against Man City is just blatant favoritism however you may try and spin it. Same goes for keeping an abject Weimann in the team week-upon-week when Lowton was dropped for less.

Okey Dokey!

Except that I have never once called for Lambert to go. I back him but remain unconvinced by him.

As for the favoritism argument, if it were about showing loyalty then he wouldn't have dropped Lowton. Puting an out of form Westwood back into the team after the midfield three played well enough against Man City is just blatant favoritism however you may try and spin it. Same goes for keeping an abject Weimann in the team week-upon-week when Lowton was dropped for less.

I never said you did call for him to go, as for unconvinced that's fair enough, but lets be honest even if he did something well you'd still find a stone to hit him with. At the end of the day he sees Westwood as key part to his team as he does Weimann, I agree they possibly should be dropped as their performances haven't been good enough. But lets say Benteke plays poor against Everton, will you call that favouritism or playing your best players?