Ashley Westwood

Nabby

6 hours ago, Heretic said:

The awful thing is that however ridiculous his stats are quoted as, they're still on the cusp of believability.

Absolutely. The stat may be rubbish but its not so absurd that it was instantly dismissed. 

I really think this is the end for Westwood. Bruce dropped him from the side almost immediately on becoming our manager in spite of the fact we have few midfield options, so he obviously isn't a huge fan, and his "performance" yesterday will only serve to reinforce Bruce's opinion. 

Its embarrassing to think that this bloke has been an every present for the last 5yrs, which in itself offers an insight into our demise. 

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Birmingham mail seem to believe it's true.

I find the thought of it hilarious and just sums up this horribly inept excuse for a player.

They are just quoting WhoScored stats. 

I love that I have literally watched the match and seen the evidence first hand but am being treated with skepticism :crylaugh:

An incorrect statistic is being used as a stick to beat him with now. He had a **** horrendous game, stick with that instead and I wouldn't even be responding.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

The awful thing is that however ridiculous his stats are quoted as, they're still on the cusp of believability.

It's not though really.

A CM not even touching the ball for the first 30 minutes of a game is not believable. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

If it's a mistake, strange they make it on two players who have been shit and one in Westwood who has had the lowest touches in games before. 

Which I would also debate if we're seeing now that those stats are flawed.

Again, not in any sort of defence of Westwood. Touching the ball a lot or a little isn't a positive or negative either way.

49 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Birmingham mail seem to believe it's true.

I find the thought of it hilarious.

Can't you just end your post here instead of putting abuse in every single post? It would make your posts so much more readable.

Yeah I've been saying for a while now that there's no need to use undercooked stats to show how bad he is. His performances of late speak for themselves. Getting hauled off at half time is probably a better indicator that he didn't play well than any stat, accurate or not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, philgetaway said:

Yeah I rate whoscored, but being at the game I remember Westwood in the 1st half tracking his runner into our box, and tackling/clearing the ball out for a throw.  That touch in our box in missing. 

Both he and Gardner are woeful, but people shouldn't create bullshit stats to show this, we know it anyway. 

I doubt whoscored have a personal vendetta against Ashley Westwood. 

• Like 1